How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2016, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Why so soon?

Quote:
That's why I decided to jump off the wagon. A reasonably stable version of PT is all I need to get my work done. I don't need addl. features at the cost of risking beta testing the output of incompetent coding work.
Me too, Mead. Adios payment/support plan. Submitted a support case to get a link to HD 12.6.1, which is an additional reason for jumping over the railing of this listing vessel. A support case to get access to a release already paid for? The only support needed in the last few years is changing my email address and finding a link to 12.6.1!

Complaining about bugs is mostly useless. Support holds out a handful of hay that us fat stupid cows need. Try some of this! Good huh? Well, no, it doesn't solve problems, but we're doing the best we can to keep our livestock healthy. Have another handful. It's life on the farm, friends. Goin' to market here soon.

ASUS Sabertooth, Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
32 GB 1600Mhz Corsair RAM
SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 12-25-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by del cosmos View Post
Definelty its the particular way in which you use Protools.

I am a music producer, for me midi is very important but Avid breaks something on every release, so far 12.6.1 its working "good" but its irritating paying for updates that always come with new bugs.

So, if Protools is working well for you, great!
Unfortunately that's not the reality for thousands of users around here.
Del, agreed. I don't use much MIDI, so that's one less thing for me to be deal with in terms of problems...
Old 12-26-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
I think that staying current is the only rational thing to do. The noise blasts did suck. But they ARE gone now. And so are most of my beach balls and crashes. Can't remember when I had my last hard crash.
Why is that the only rational thing? I'm still making money running 10, and it still does the same things it did the day I installed it. And I have spent "0" downtime chasing bugs or installing/uninstalling/updating. Haven't had to deal with noise blast issues since back around version 5. How is the decision to get onto Avid's gerbil wheel and suffer through a parade of new issues any more rational than setting up a stable system and then using it to actually get work done? Poor choice of words, or do you actually think your way is more productive somehow? Anyway thanks for beta testing, I look forward to whatever stable version we end up with around the time I next need to upgrade. In the meantime I'm making music, not playing games with software or paying rent to Avid.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
Why is that the only rational thing? I'm still making money running 10, and it still does the same things it did the day I installed it. And I have spent "0" downtime chasing bugs or installing/uninstalling/updating. Haven't had to deal with noise blast issues since back around version 5. How is the decision to get onto Avid's gerbil wheel and suffer through a parade of new issues any more rational than setting up a stable system and then using it to actually get work done? Poor choice of words, or do you actually think your way is more productive somehow? Anyway thanks for beta testing, I look forward to whatever stable version we end up with around the time I next need to upgrade. In the meantime I'm making music, not playing games with software or paying rent to Avid.
Well said.
Stopped paying update plan after first year, uninstalled 11, never bothered to try 12, making money running 10HD.
Avid can...