How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2016, 07:06 AM

Default Air Plugins Cause Graphics Scaling Glitch on 4K Display

Hey All,

I'm using a Samsung 4K display running at 3840X2160 resolution.

I've just subscribed to Pro Tools running 12.5 and I've noticed that when I load an instrument track with any Air plugin, my graphics scale oddly and my menus become obscured. Other plugins do not cause this issue. The only solution is to restart Pro Tools, however the graphics glitch will repeat whenever any Air plugin is loaded.

Any ideas besides scaling down my resolution?
Old 05-06-2016, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Air Plugins Cause Graphics Scaling Glitch on 4K Display

This Happens to me on my Laptop, 3200x1800 Resolution running Pro Tools 12.1, Doesn't Happen on Pro Tools 10, When I open an Air Plug-In Pro Tools turns super small and hard to read anything.
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
APOLLO QUAD FIREWIRE
APOLLO USB
Pro Tools 10.3.10
Pro Tools 12
Windows 10 PRO
Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Make a video & steps to reproduce the problem...

No problem here...

W7sp1
UltraHD 4K
HD12.3.1
PNY Gt740

What is your video card? Driver version? Board? OS? HDMI? DP? Etc...

Last edited by JuanPC; 05-06-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:53 PM

Same thing is happening to me on two separate PCs.

The two changes I made that precipitated this were replacing a 1080p display (DVI) with the 4K display (display port 1.2) and updating to Windows 10. Unfortunately, because I made both changes at the same time, I do not know which triggered this behavior, but I suspect it is one or the other or a combination of the two that did.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:51 AM

Evidently this resizing issue affects other DAWs. The official responses seem to suggest that recent updates to the AIR instruments have addressed this (I have not verified) but that the Air Creative FX Collection plugins and instruments that ship with Pro Tools still have this native resolution resize issue (scroll down). Apparently this issue now rests with Avid.

http://community.airmusictech.com/ai...esktop-scaling
Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 AM

I'm on a 4k TV and have the same problem:
as soon as my well paid Air Music Bundle plugins are installed, the resolution crashes as Pro Tools has fully loaded. When deinstalled, everythings fine.

OK, I'm still on Pro Tools 11(.3.1) on Win 10 (I know: no official support..), but almost everythings works fine here, except the resolution of SSD4 AAX (but its not that bad) and of course the resolution of the whole DAW, if AIR Music bundle is installed: PT is COMPLETELY UNUSABLE.

I am wondering that I found this thread here in the PT12 section!!

My question:

Has this bug yet been fixed?
I don't want to pay more than 300 bucks to a programm that has such messy bugs.

I know my system is officially not supported. I know 4k is still some "new ****". But to me its clear: there is a bug with AIR plugins in 4k resolution. No cent for Avid as soon as this has not been fixed.

Thank You !!

edit: By the way, I've tried it today with AIR_Creative_Collection_11_0_0_Win_79590 & AIR_Creative_Collection_11_1_0_Installer_80810 - both do not work in 4096 x 2160 :'(
Old 08-12-2016, 01:37 PM

oPiaTe6, there is also more related discussion in this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381846
Old 08-12-2016, 02:06 PM

Pro tools is definitely not 4k ready. I have a laptop with a 4k monitor scaled to 200% and most thing are off like all the tools at super small.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 08-12-2016, 02:33 PM

DAWgEAR so to answer my question: the bug has not been fixed yet officially .

@Brandonx1 yeah I think you're right so far but I have to say that even if I have no official Win10 support from PT11, it looks pretty good on 4k. Not perfect but for me it's OK to do that stuff, which I'm doing in general.
4k is future stuff, OK, and most users don't use 4k TVs, no they are using monitors, but I hope Avid starts doing something in this direction.

Fully 4k support from Avid & Air, and I'm good to go to the latest Pro Tools version!

What I actually see is that companies like Native Instruments or XLN audio have absolutely no issues with 4k resolution even in a Pro Tools version which isn't supported for Win10.
So it's possible and not an unsolvable problem.

Good luck Avid, you'll get my money again as soon you swallowed that bugs

"A good thing takes time!"
Old 08-21-2016, 12:07 PM

Holy **** the bug came back

I posted a video on youtube, can someone help me? A reinstallation did not help this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OClWJWWtww4

Peace!

EDIT: Well, I'm so glad I found a solution thanks to the user @Vilming
I'm quoting it right here, taken from the thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=369435&page=2

Quote:
Thanks for the tips in this thread! After cleaning out the preferences folder (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Avid\[all folders related to Pro tools]), then right-clicking on the Pro Tools shortcut icon, selecting Preferences, Compatibility where I unchecked the "deactivate scaling at high dpi settings" and unchecked running in Windows 8 compatibility mode, restarting Pro Tools and avoid loading any AIR plugins, my Pro Tools 12.5 looks fine again.

I use Windows 10, have a 4k laptop screen (Dell M3800), and have had this issue for a long time until fixing after seeing this thread. The thread in
http://community.airmusictech.com/ai...esktop-scaling
mentions the issue with AIR plugins. As this is now apparently fixed in version 2.0.7 of AIR plugins I assume it should be simply a matter of Avid re-packaging the updated plugins for distribution with Pro Tools. Of course, there may be commercial considerations involved. For now, I (and presumably other users) will likely have to rely on alternative plugins until such an update is available.
by the way.. the "AppData" folder is a hidden one!

Last edited by oPiaTe6; 08-22-2016 at 07:52 AM.