Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 06:51 AM

Default Hardware Held Off Interrupts (002)

Hey everyone,
I keep getting this stupid error.. "Hardware held off interrupts too long adjust buffer... etc" I also get the "Digi 002 buffer Under flowed and overflowed errors" CONSTANTLY.. I had a 001 and never had a problem.. Sometimes these errors just dissapear but they always come back. There seems to be no ryme or reason for them.. sometimes I have 20 tracks.. sometimes I have 1 track.. WHAT THE HELL MAN..

Current setup
MAC g4 Dual 500
512k Ram
Optimised extension set for pro-tools.

Any help would be apreciated..

-James
Old 10-28-2002, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Hardware Held Off Interrupts (002)

Return it and get a new unit. Continue until it works.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:23 AM

Sounds like another casulty [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Call Digi my friend.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:36 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally posted by Baked Goods Records:
I keep getting this stupid error.. "Hardware held off interrupts too long adjust buffer... etc" I also get the "Digi 002 buffer Under flowed and overflowed errors" CONSTANTLY..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you using a separate drive for your audio? If so, what type of drive is it and what utility did you use to format the drive?

What other devices do you have connected to the computer?

In the meantime:
-If you have altered the memory settings of DAE and/or Pro Tools, make sure you did not alter the Minimum sizes of either PT LE or DAE. If you have, you can set it back to the default setting by typing a 0 into the field and press Enter on the numerical keypad.

-Trash the DigiSetup File, Pro Tools preference, and DAE prefs (the entire folder) from the System Folder>Preferences folder. Empty the Trash and restart the Mac.

-Reduce the Disk Cache in the Memory Control Panel to 512k and restart the computer.

-Rebuild the Desktop file for all drives in your system. Hold down the Apple+Option keys while the extensions march across the bottom of the screen during boot-up. Hold the keys down until you get a window prompting you and then Click “OK”.

Brent
Old 10-29-2002, 10:37 AM

Brent,
Thanks for the reply.. I have an ACOMDATA firewire drive.. (worked very well with my 001) But I also have 2 internal SCSI drives that came with my MAC.. I get the sme errors using both drives.. I know the SCSI drives can handle the digital audio.. I ordered them with my mac for that reason.. The firewire drive is not supported by digi and I know that.. but it is speced out and does work fine.. But for tech support reasons I tried to use my internal scsi drives and I get the same exact results..
All my other settings are exactly the way you told me to adjust them already.. but I iwll double check. I iwll also trash my prefs and rebuild my desktop and see what happens..
Like I said these erros sometimes dont happen but when they do its really annoying and unnacceptable for a work enviorment.

-James