Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM

Default SampleTank2.5 plugins not showing up

Alright, I took some time off from Pro Tools 10 in Windows 7 (a few months, actually) and have now reinstalled it on a fast, new computer.

Everything is working great except that I can't seem to get the SampleTank 2.5 instruments to show up under plugins (that Inserts A-E thing).

I'm at my wits end It's hard to single out the right search terms to find this specific question on the forum, so my humblest apologies if this has already been covered.

Thanks in advance.

Rich
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM

Default Re: SampleTank2.5 plugins not showing up

Assuming that you have the latest version of ST 2.5 installed and see the two SampleTank2 .dpm files in the Plugins folder... Are you trying to open ST 2.5 on a mono or stereo Instrument Track?
Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 AM

Okay, it was my fault . . . I wasn't using an instrument track.

But now that I've gotten SampleTank to show up, I can't figure out how to get the correct path so it will show my instrument choices. I don't remember having this much trouble when I did this before!

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWilley View Post
Okay, it was my fault . . . I wasn't using an instrument track.
Actually, ST 2.5 can be inserted on a Stereo Audio, Aux, or Instrument track. You were probably using mono tracks.

Quote:
But now that I've gotten SampleTank to show up, I can't figure out how to get the correct path so it will show my instrument choices. I don't remember having this much trouble when I did this before!
In ST 2.5 go to Prefs > Root > Browse then navigate to and select the path to the ST 2.5 Instrument folder. (If you did not change the default path during installation then it should be in C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 2.5/Instruments).
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Actually, ST 2.5 can be inserted on a Stereo Audio, Aux, or Instrument track. You were probably using mono tracks.

In ST 2.5 go to Prefs > Root > Browse then navigate to and select the path to the ST 2.5 Instrument folder. (If you did not change the default path during installation then it should be in C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 2.5/Instruments).
And don't forget to do a relist in ST just to be on the safe side. You can also set ST to do an automatic relist on startup.

QAPLA!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And don't forget to do a relist in ST just to be on the safe side. You can also set ST to do an automatic relist on startup.
+1. Very good point.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 PM

You folks are geniuses! Thank you . . . it's working like a charm now. I really appreciate your help!!!