Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2013, 06:01 AM

Default EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Rather new to this forum ... I come to you for a subject that has done and is doing quite click the keyboard and the new Euphonix EuCon v3 (0.1).
In short, I have a MC Transport for my Pro Tools and everything works with ... I updated (as expected) to 3.0.1 and splatch .. Same as for v3. This means that I can not use it with Pro Tools or 10 or v11. It is recognized by the system (10.8.5), works very well with Mail, Final Cut ... but with Pro Tools is the great void, it appears that "Pro Tools .." and no way to display my "Command Key", the editor controls for EUCON is "EMPTY", nothing is proposed to me (see the attached picture.). If I come back to v2.7.1, I find all my commands.
I tried to copy my xml., But nothing works.
Anyway, if someone has an idea, I'm obviously interested! Thank you in advance.
........and Deole for my english
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eucon Command v3.jpg (28.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-25-2013, 04:42 AM

Default Re: EUCON v.3 Strange Version

Same here. Can't edit key commands for Transport.

Command > EUCON > no list of proposed commands.

EUCON is useless [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. nothing more, nothing less.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:44 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTARI View Post

AVID buys stuff from other companies when they lack the expertise to keep it professional (Sibelius is another example, they even slacked the expertise...)

It's not hard to imagine how far Eucon would have gone if Euphonix had kept its property. Truth is since Avid bought the drivers the only noticeable positive change was the fader noise reduction. Piles of bugs were added faster than they are fixed.

We are talking bugs, not requested features: for examples some buttons are still not staying focused on the locked application, about 18 months after I first posted the bug here. How is that even possible? Obviously they do not have enough people working on it.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
AVID buys stuff from other companies when they lack the expertise to keep it professional (Sibelius is another example, they even slacked the expertise...)

It's not hard to imagine how far Eucon would have gone if Euphonix had kept its property. Truth is since Avid bought the drivers the only noticeable positive change was the fader noise reduction. Piles of bugs were added faster than they are fixed.

We are talking bugs, not requested features: for examples some buttons are still not staying focused on the locked application, about 18 months after I first posted the bug here. How is that even possible? Obviously they do not have enough people working on it.
Euphonix didn't sell Eucon, Euphonix itself was bought by Avid, so the team that used to work on Eucon still works on Eucon. The S6 for example was a system that was already in the works by Euphonix and on which they are still working on. They have a new product that they still have to finish for it's release date and also fix the bugs in Eucon. As for Sibelius, have you actually checked the credentials of Bobby Lombardi, who is now the head of that product line? He is has a Doctoral of musical arts composition (which includes theory and writing as a composer), A master in Composition and has won the first prize in music composition from the royal conservatory of Liège in Belgium in '94. So let's give him a break a bit and see with a future release where that goes right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jky View Post
Rather new to this forum ... I come to you for a subject that has done and is doing quite click the keyboard and the new Euphonix EuCon v3 (0.1).
In short, I have a MC Transport for my Pro Tools and everything works with ... I updated (as expected) to 3.0.1 and splatch .. Same as for v3. This means that I can not use it with Pro Tools or 10 or v11. It is recognized by the system (10.8.5), works very well with Mail, Final Cut ... but with Pro Tools is the great void, it appears that "Pro Tools .." and no way to display my "Command Key", the editor controls for EUCON is "EMPTY", nothing is proposed to me (see the attached picture.). If I come back to v2.7.1, I find all my commands.
I tried to copy my xml., But nothing works.
Anyway, if someone has an idea, I'm obviously interested! Thank you in advance.
........and Deole for my english
Jky, I'm on windows 7 ultimate and with an artist mix not the control, but have you tried to do a fresh install of the OS and pro tools and install 3.0.1 directly not installing 2.9.7? As I found out myself, with a fresh install there was no old files and/or registry keys that could skew the installation and now my Eucon software and artist mix are working.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTARI View Post

You're complaint is very vague. You don't indicate which app you are using. You haven't indicated whether you activated the EUCON adapter in the application. If you don't do that, you'll see no EUCON commands.