Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2014, 12:47 AM

Default Stupid Question - Forgive me!

.....but - before I upgrade to 11, I have a ton of work started in 10 that I would like to complete so can I open all the sessions I created in PT10 - in PT 11? What happens to the RTAS plugs that I used on those sessions - will they still work?

As the title says - please forgive the dumb q - the answer is probably very simple and Avid have got it all sorted!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Stupid Question - Forgive me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthert View Post
.....but - before I upgrade to 11, I have a ton of work started in 10 that I would like to complete so can I open all the sessions I created in PT10 - in PT 11? What happens to the RTAS plugs that I used on those sessions - will they still work?

As the title says - please forgive the dumb q - the answer is probably very simple and Avid have got it all sorted!
My experiences are that it is to 80% compatible if u got all PlugIns updated so that they are 64bit aax.

But there are some problems ... i.e. if you used Battery3 (32bit) within PT10 and you updated to Battery4 (64bit). Won't work. U have to manually save your sets within Battery3 in PT10 and load them into Battery4 in PT11.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 03-24-2014, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Stupid Question - Forgive me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthert View Post

RTAS plugins don't work in PT11. Hopefully the plugins you do have have aax64 upgrades available. However if you have plugins that don't have aax64 upgrades but have 64 bit vst you can use something like Blue Cat Audio MB7-2 or Patchworks to host vst plugins inside PT11.

More of a concern is I see in your sig file you're running Lion; PT11 really wants to see Mountain Lion OSX 10.3.8 as a minimum. Your iMac should support ML which you can still get from Apple but you may have to call them and insist on purchasing it as they'll try and convince you to go for Mavericks.

QAPLA!