Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-15-2006, 09:55 AM

Default \"Select\" in Regions List greyed out????

I have a large number of audio regions in the regions list (from a little multitrack drum editing), and I can not seem to be able to clear the unused ones. The Select is greyed out in the Regions Menu.

When I hide auto-created regions, the select comes back on line but that does not help me to remove the large number of unused regions (which were of course auto-created). Is there a limit to the nubmer of Regions you can manage in the regions list?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Will

HD3 PT7.1 cs9
G5 10.4.6
Old 09-15-2006, 11:52 PM

Default Re: \"Select\" in Regions List greyed out????

Strange little anomalies like that often get fixed by doing two things. Repairing disk permissions on your startup drive, and trashing preferences, and deleting Digidesign databases, etc. These wind up being the usual files that get corrupted easily. Check Digi's basic problem fixes that are usually posted at the beginning of this forum. There's usually a list of the regular "fix-its" computers have a habit of un-fixing.

I have an application that repairs disk permissions and does a smart back up from my system drive to a cloned partitioned external drive or to another internal drive, and I run this after each session day. It seems to keep a lot of those kinds of things from happening, or it just fixes them next time I start up Pro Tools. Good luck!