Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 06-15-2021, 06:27 PM

Default Autotune Hybrid now available as upgrade from Autotune Pro

Just wanted to mention this for all the DSP people. When PT Carbon was announced, Autotune Hybrid was also announced, basically a DSP version of Autotune. However, it was just sold new at $399 (or as part of their subscription), with no upgrades mentioned.

Today I decided to look in my account, and they now have this available as an upgrade if you already own the current Autotune Pro (which I do). The price is $199.

They kind of did this under the radar, as I have not gotten any emails, or seen it anywhere. So this may be of interest to people on Carbon or HDX.

Note that I don't know if there are other upgrades to this from older versions of Autotune, as it just showed the upgrade from what I have, which is the current Autotune Pro.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Autotune Hybrid now available as upgrade from Autotune Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Just wanted to mention this for all the DSP people. When PT Carbon was announced, Autotune Hybrid was also announced, basically a DSP version of Autotune. However, it was just sold new at $399 (or as part of their subscription), with no upgrades mentioned.

Today I decided to look in my account, and they now have this available as an upgrade if you already own the current Autotune Pro (which I do). The price is $199.

They kind of did this under the radar, as I have not gotten any emails, or seen it anywhere. So this may be of interest to people on Carbon or HDX.

Note that I don't know if there are other upgrades to this from older versions of Autotune, as it just showed the upgrade from what I have, which is the current Autotune Pro.
To confirm, this upgrade information was presented in your Antares account, correct?
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-16-2021, 01:24 PM

Yes, if I logged in to my account, it showed the special price.

Just mentioning that because as far as I know there was no email sent out to account holders, or any kind of announcement that I know of. They may have just implemented this very recently.

I'd be curious to know if those with older versions of Autotune are seeing an upgrade option as well.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Avid

Got it. Thanks.
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-16-2021, 08:39 PM

I see the upgrade available in my account. I just read an Antares email to me from last November, and Antares stated we'd be able to keep AT Pro when upgrading to Hybrid. That's great, I was initially worried because Hybrid does not have graph mode.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:50 AM

I'm still on Autotune 8.1 and it only shows the upgrade path to Autotune Pro ($129,-). I've emailed support asking for an upgrade path to Hybrid and they told me they'd forward it to marketing..

Hybrid makes much more sense for me, as I use Melodyne or Waves Tune for offline tuning. It is pretty awkward that Pro and Hybrid are two completely separate products. My life would be much easier if it was integrated into one plugin. I get sessions in to mix from other producers that use all sorts of Autotune incarnations and it sucks big time having to ask them for screenshots or printed versions, oh well.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:06 AM

If someone is interested I have AT 6/7/8/9 licenses available. Need to sell them so I have incentive to learn better Melodyne skills. PM please.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
If someone is interested I have AT 6/7/8/9 licenses available. Need to sell them so I have incentive to learn better Melodyne skills. PM please.
I stopped using Autotune for exactly the same reason.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-22-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martthie_08 View Post
I'm still on Autotune 8.1 and it only shows the upgrade path to Autotune Pro ($129,-). I've emailed support asking for an upgrade path to Hybrid and they told me they'd forward it to marketing..

Hybrid makes much more sense for me, as I use Melodyne or Waves Tune for offline tuning. It is pretty awkward that Pro and Hybrid are two completely separate products. My life would be much easier if it was integrated into one plugin. I get sessions in to mix from other producers that use all sorts of Autotune incarnations and it sucks big time having to ask them for screenshots or printed versions, oh well.
I suppose the only path is to first upgrade to Pro, then from Pro to Hybrid.