Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 AM

Default "could not complete your request because end of stream encountered" PT8 promblem

Hey,

I'm trying to open a session that's been working properly before with PT 8 but now it won't open at all; all I get is this message:

"Could not complete your request because end of stream encountered"

I've searched many forums through but nobody seems to have any solution for this. I'm sure this problem isn't too seldom as I found so many threads regarding to this, but no answer anywhere...

Any kind of help & all advices more than welcome!

Thanks already beforehand,
Niko
Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 AM

Default Re: "could not complete your request because end of stream encountered" PT8 promblem

I'm sorry I haven't saw an error like this, but don't want the thread to die soon, so a friendly bump here.
TD
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Avid

Default Re: "could not complete your request because end of stream encountered" PT8 promblem

Without more info on your system, the session, your audio drives, etc. it's difficult to say for sure what's happening, but generally speaking an 'end of stream' error is due to file corruption.

Do you have a backup of the session to revert to?

If not, can you give us more info on your system, etc, per the info in the Help Us Help You thread?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 AM

I'm running on Mac Os X G5 2.0 Mhz, 4 gb Ram with 10.5 Leopard, PT8, and using Western Digital Firewire800 harddrive. I'm making manual backups to Lacie harddrive with firewire400.

We are recording an album with a band, and they once opened the backups instead of original files, and I didn't realize it then, so I recorded one day directly to backup disc and since then I've had audio files on both discs. Guess that has caused the corruption..
Does anybody has any good tips how to return all the audio files to right destination, so that machine shouldn't have to use two discs?

Actually got the autobackup opened yesterday night so the problem is kind of solved. Anyhow, if anyone has any kind of knowledge of this problem, please let us all know where it could be coming from...

Niko