Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Improving sessions with QT files (just and idea)

Hi, we're trying in out post studio to begin using QT files on PT sessions. I've posted before asking for solution to the huge size of QT Dv files.

We tryed something that could be useful (any comments will be appreciated) to solve this issue:

This was experimented on an HD 1 system + 192 + sync io, running on PC (the only one we have, the rest are all G5's).

1.Open video file using a video player (Windows media)
2.Connect audio output from you computer soundcard (not digidesign interfases) to LTC in of you Sync I/O (this will carry LTC signal recorded on one channel of the videofile).
3.Open PT, put it online.
4.Play it...LTC signal recorded on video file goes through soundcard output to LTC input on Sync io and triggers PT...it works, you don't have to deal with huge DV files, but you have to consider 2 things:

First, the way to control windows media transport accurately (is there any VTR remote control software emulator available?)

Second, how do you apply this on a G5 using Quicktime (we have Canopus ADC 110 converters, can we use them to play a QT file on a TV monitor without inserting video files on a PT session?).

Thanks in advance

Sebastian
Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Improving sessions with QT files (just and idea)

Quote:
I've posted before asking for solution to the huge size of QT Dv files.
The solution is not to use the DV codec. Use something else, MPEG4, motionJPEG, etc., but whatever you do don't even think of using WMV.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Improving sessions with QT files (just and idea)

But you can only use DV files on Quicktime to output video signal to a TV monitor using firewire port right??