Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 07:36 AM

Default Battery 3 Plug-In Problem

I recently installed Battery 3. It works fine as a stand alone instrument. However, after I click on Battery 3 as my multi plug-in choice while trying to insert it as a mult plug-in on a PT session track, I get the egg timer of death. Pro Tools just spins its wheels and won't load it. Eventually, PT locks up, and I have to do the Control+ALt=Delete thing to exit PT altogether. Any thoughts as to what is the problem or how to solve this problem? Thanks

Matt
Old 02-25-2008, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Battery 3 Plug-In Problem

welcome to the world of native instruments with protools. have you dowloaded all of the latest battery 3 updates from NI's website?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 AM

Not yet. I will do that tonight after work. Thank you for the suggestion. Did you actually experience this problem, or is your suggestion more of a "I have found that this cures a lot of things" type of suggestion? Either way, thanks. Thus far NI sucks. I sent them 4 emails for registration help five days ago. No reply yet. Fortunately, I finally managed to overcome the registration problems on my own. Thanks again.

Matt
Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 AM

Of course, I cannot access the NI updates site because it tells me that the password they have given me is invalid - which is one of the registration problems I encountered, along with saying that the password is correct but my account has been deactivated. What a company!

Matt
Old 02-25-2008, 02:48 PM

lets see................yes, i have had so many problems with ni its not funny. i hope the update for you works when and if you are finally able to get it. in the past i have expierienced ni plug ins not working right off the bat in protools. they had to wait for updates.the problem for me is i feel they are the best sounding plugs at the moment for the music i work with.so, i put up with the agony.
i think it is more of running them in RTAS than anything else.no scientific proof to prove this just a feeling. maybe because when i run them in VST in other programs, they run so well and efficient.

what version of battery and protools are you running? i see you mention you had service center problems. i can recall the nightmares i went through when updating or even installing plug ins that i had just purchased. seems like its always possible for the worst thing to happen anytime you go near the service center. i must admit, some of my most current ni purchases have installed with not much drama. maybe it is getting better.

i'm done with bashing ni, i just accept the way they are and just telling it like it is. sonically i think no one is better. stability and issues with RTAS,they are the worst ever.just read their forums if you want to see angry people with all sorts of bizzare issues.

waiting for omnisphere

p.s. there has to be a way to get a new password. good luck