Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2022, 02:47 PM

Default Re: "Access denied" when trying to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
...believe me and don't mind me when I say that your advice is NOT the solution for everyone.
...and you can say that because?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
I always prepare my posts in Apple's TextEdit (set to Plain Text) or BBEdit because I know that sometimes after trying to post a post, DUC will ask to log in again and then everything that was typed is lost
That's practical, but it's certainly not a solution to the problem.
Old 06-04-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Again; when I get this error:
I go back
Copy the text I wanted to post
Paste it into a simple text editor, I use Stickies
Select all and copy again
Paste that into the entry field in DUC and post.

Works for me.
There's an even easier way: before you post what you write copy the material like you mentioned except when you get back to the forum thread you wanted to post to open a window to post and just paste what you copied just before. Saves having to go to a text editor. Unless you have to restart your browser the material should still be in the clipboard of whatever browser you're using.

QAPLA!
Old 06-04-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There's an even easier way: before you post what you write copy the material like you mentioned except when you get back to the forum thread you wanted to post to open a window to post and just paste what you copied just before. Saves having to go to a text editor. Unless you have to restart your browser the material should still be in the clipboard of whatever browser you're using.
And that is what I do, except for very long posts with I might compose in an editor. The trap with cutting and pasting is you copy a long post to be safe, then use copy and paste to move some text around, and then the post fails... and that is a great reason on Macs to install [ADVERTISEMENT] Flycut clipboard manager https://apps.apple.com/us/app/flycut...42160987?mt=12[/ADVERTISEMENT]. Flycut makes it very easy to go back to any past cut/copy you made.

And browser back arrow will also work most of the time, but maybe not always.

I hear from Jeffro that this problem is still being worked on. I suspect NAAM might be a current distraction.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:43 PM

I have done every suggestion mentioned and had every one of them fail as often as they work. Sometimes with something as simple as 2 lines of text with nothing but basic punctuation. Then at other times, I can write a long post with multiple paragraphs with numbered points and attached photos with no problem at all. Things that make you go "Hmmm"

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-05-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I have done every suggestion mentioned and had every one of them fail as often as they work. Sometimes with something as simple as 2 lines of text with nothing but basic punctuation. Then at other times, I can write a long post with multiple paragraphs with numbered points and attached photos with no problem at all. Things that make you go "Hmmm"
If you have a few lines of text that fail please PM me and I'll give you an email address to send to (as attachment so hopefully it does not get mangled by email).
Old 06-05-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If you have a few lines of text that fail please PM me and I'll give you an email address to send to (as attachment so hopefully it does not get mangled by email).
Thanks

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-12-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
...and you can say that because?

... because... I know as I tried all this, what do you think why I can say what I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M

I always prepare my posts in Apple's TextEdit (set to Plain Text) or BBEdit because I know that sometimes after trying to post a post, DUC will ask to log in again and then everything that was typed is lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen
That's practical, but it's certainly not a solution to the problem.

Yes I know this smartypants, it was an example and an answer to one of the other guys responding to this thread trying to give me some advice. The suggestion to use plain txt, which I already do.

What is wrong with you?
Old 06-15-2022, 11:30 AM

We're finally making some progress here. I have a few chunks of text that previously triggered the error, and after some internal changes I'm able to post them.

If you have any text that causes an error when posting or sending private messages please Create A Case under Account Support to provide that text to us.

Thank you!
Old 06-15-2022, 11:51 AM

Thanks Jeffro.

The PM message thing may help folks... you can play there sending yourself PMs without posting noise to the forum, the same mechanism and same error message will happen for a PM as it does for a forum post.

Clearly the problem is not fully fixed yet, I just sent Avid/Jeffro some more examples of failures. If you have examples of failure *please* send them in.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:11 AM

You rock, jeffro!

##
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
We're finally making some progress here. I have a few chunks of text that previously triggered the error, and after some internal changes I'm able to post them.

If you have any text that causes an error when posting or sending private messages please Create A Case under Account Support to provide that text to us.

Thank you!