Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 PM

Default ilok question

Don't know where else to ask this question today. Purchased Soundtoys 5 bundle from Sweetwater. Had issue issue with Ilok autorization, Soundtools updated something with my ILok account, or ILok manager or whatever. and sent me an email that the licenses were in my Ilok manager. (i don;t get the difference authoriziation and activation and download—shoot me in the head). I don't see any "activation code" like I received in email for another plug in I purchased at same time. But I dragged the bundle into the ILok in my Ilok manager. They appear to be in there; I had 6 other licenses or products in there before. It now says 17 available (the soundtools bundle) and 23 licenses and 23 activations (attached pic) . I thought maybe they would appear in PT at point, perhaps with restart. No. The previously installed licenses have activation codes listed in the details in the ILok manager and there are none for the Soundtools. What do i do next? Am i missing an activation code? Do they still need to be installed? Thanks for any help on this Holy Day. I know this might be heresy. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2016-03-27 14.44.14.jpg (21.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: ilok question

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyrains View Post
Do they still need to be installed?
That's what it sounds like to me; you have the licenses on your iLok, but have not installed the plug-ins.

Go to My Account at www.soundtoys,com.
You should find your plugin software installers (not the license installers) under Licenses.

If not, or you don't have a SoundToys account...

Click on AUTHORIZE A DEALER PURCHASE at the top of your My Account page:
Quote:
Authorize Your Purchase You have already purchased a product from one of our authorized resellers but in order to run our plug-ins, you must first complete this form to receive the proper iLok authorizations. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
  1. Locate the serial number at the bottom of your receipt and enter it in the form below. Your serial number should be in the form of XXX-XXXX-XXX.
  2. Enter your email address. This should be the same email you use for your Soundtoys.com account if you have already created one.
  3. Select whether you are a new customer or already have a Soundtoys.com account. If you are a new customer, you will be brought to a page to enter your basic account details.
  4. If you are an existing Soundtoys.com user, enter your password.
  5. Click on the 'Authorize' button to continue to complete your purchase and receive your iLok authorizations.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:15 PM

Yes, you also have to install the actual plugins on your system. ILok is just the license key and does not hold the actual software code for the plugins.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 03-27-2016, 02:00 PM

Thank you! Found the installers. The download seems to be going slow; I'm hoping it's because it 17 plug ins?
Old 03-27-2016, 03:36 PM

Got em. Thanks!