Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-26-2015, 01:01 AM

Default How to contact support?

Hi,

I just upgraded about a month ago to PT11HD so I'm under the new licensing plan (I guess). But, to be honest, I'm still not sure how to contact support. Do I need an ASC for that? Am I not entitled to unlimited online support? When I login into my account I see the "My Support Center" section and it says I don't have access to Support Center. There's a "Request access" link there, which I tried but I got stuck on a "System ID or Contract Number" that I just don't know what it's about.

Funny bit, I had a problem with my Reel Tape Saturation license recently and at the same time wanted to change my registered email, I somehow found a link where I got great support, but the entire Avid portal gets so confusing at times, and the support links and information I think are the worst.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 4.46.01 AM.png (38.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-26-2015, 08:52 AM

Default Re: How to contact support?

I am experiencing the same issue. Will be glad to see some clarification on this.
Video Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M-1024 MB, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo
Midi I/O: Arturia, (The Laboratory 49), V-Collection 3 & 4, Beta Tester for V-5 & Analog Lab 2.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagodutra View Post
I just upgraded about a month ago to PT11HD so I'm under the new licensing plan (I guess). But, to be honest, I'm still not sure how to contact support. Do I need an ASC for that? ...
Greetings!

When you purchased the upgrade it should have emailed you an Avid Support Code with instructions (check your email including junk folder for this). You would use this to get assisted support. If it's a registration/activation issue you can call and just select that option.

Since you upgraded about a month ago your product is in the process of being upgraded to Pro Tools HD 12 which will add the downloads and support center contact to your Avid account and deposit the licenses to your iLok account.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM

What is "System ID"?
Is that referring to a number that is specific to my computer?
Would I be able to find that on my Mac someplace?
Midi I/O: Arturia, (The Laboratory 49), V-Collection 3 & 4, Beta Tester for V-5 & Analog Lab 2.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:54 PM

Hi jeffro,

Maybe I missed something, but I'm still confused, I don't feel like your reply actually answered some of my questions. And with your reply I have more.

1) Why don't I have access to the Support Center Portal?

2) What is "System ID" or "Contract Number"?

3) Don't know about other users, but I'm getting so lost in the 1000 combinations of the meaning of "support" in Avid's universe. Explain the ASC in practical terms, please? What is my plan after all: Standard, ExpertPlus, Elite? Is an ASC per-incident only?

4) I did receive an email, it states: As part of your registration, you are entitled to one complimentary Avid Support Code that is valid for 90 days. This entitles you up to (10) online assisted support cases and (2) assisted cases via phone during this 90-day period. What happens after those "90 days"? What if I need support after that period?

Look, I'm very familiar with setting up a Pro Tools rig, TDM, HD, non-HD, inserts, sends, preferences, connections... the whole thing, there's a million tutorials about it. But I'm not familiar with the 1000 meanings of support at Avid.com. And, worst of all, the Avid Customer Care How To Videos has only one (1) video with a vague introduction of the service.

Let's say I have an issue with my Artist Mix controller. I don't speak English fluently and won't afford international phone calls, so I'm looking for online support. Guide me:

Step 1) open my browser and type in avid.com
Step 2) ?
Step 3) ?
Step 4) ?

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm seriously trying to understand the right steps here.

Cheers
Old 03-26-2015, 03:42 PM

Up and running with Pro Tools 12.
Support responded, talked me through it, added to "my account" and then I followed the online posted instructions.

The only thing now is that the Fast Track Duo sounds crackly, even with input at a very low level. The Line 6 UX1 running Pod Farm's early version from about 7 years ago is running flawlessly and sounds stellar.

Gonna watch some of the support video's regarding how to properly set up PT just to make sure that I have everything functioning and set up properly.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM

Support responded? How did you make that happen?