Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Default install on snow leopard, then upgrade?

Hello everyone! These forums have been very useful to me for quite a while, but this is my first post.

I am a recent graduate and have finally saved up enough to buy my own PT set-up. I'm using a MacBook Pro currently running Snow Leopard.

My question is, well, it seems like the Digidesign-Snow Leopard upgrade (Pro Tools 8.0.3) is intended for folks who already have Pro Tools and want to upgrade thier OS to Snow Leopard.

Is it possible to install Pro Tools 8 on Snow Leopard and then download the free upgrade to 8.0.03?

Has anyone had success with this?

It seems to me if version 8 and snow leopard are incompatible, I won't be able to get things to the point where the upgrade will help.

what should I do?

(p.s. I went straight from Tiger to Snow Leopard. So, downgrading to Leopard, installing PT, upgrading to Snow, and then dowloading the PT update is not an option.)
Old 01-25-2010, 08:35 PM

Default Re: install on snow leopard, then upgrade?

Hi,

you can install PT 8 on snow leopard an then install the upgrade on top of it.
you fetch the 8.0.3 (4.7 GB) full installer from your digihome/avid-account and install this.

no need for up/downgrading :)

best
Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM

Default Re: install on snow leopard, then upgrade?

Thank you!