Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Default exporting midi files using strike

is there a way to export the drum samples from stike on to just one track? I'm mainly using this for songwriting now and would like the convenience of arranging verse, chorus, intro's etc. on just one track instead of many. Also, I'e noticed that I really have to be careful about how i record the bit that I want to export for example sometimes the last cymbal hit of the measure gets cut off so there is a gap when I try to use it as a loop. Is there an automatic way of exporting a loop without manually recording it with the buttons? I like using separate repeated loops because it is then easy to keep track of how many times progressions are played and editing the song arrangement is easy.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 PM

Default Re: exporting midi files using strike

To my knowledge, no there is no way. An obvious Strike weak point is, in my mind, the inability to export a style's midi data in a usable way. Let's hope this will be remedied as the plug is still pretty new.

John-