Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 06:25 PM

Default HD3 CONTROL 24 STOLEN IN MIAMI

PLEASE HELP ME TODAY I WAS ROBBED AND HAD MY HD3 CONTROL 24, MAC G4, d96, ETC ETC STOLEN OUT OF MY APPARTMENT. IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF ANYONE WHO SUDDENLY GOT A NEW HD SYSTEM THEN PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP. MY ENTIRE LIFE WAS IN THERE INCLUDING EVERY TRACK I HAVE EVER MADE. I AM SICK TO MY STOMACK AND I WANT MY STUFF BACK. IT IS OBVIOUSLY IT IS SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY WERE AFTER. AS THE WERE VERY SPECIFIC IN WHAT THEY STOLE. ALSO PLEASE NOTE THEY DID NOT TAKE ANY OF THE dSUB CONNECTORS SO IF ANYONE IS ASKED FOR THEM PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND. MY ENTIRE MUSICAL LIVE WAS IN THAT MACHINE. PLEASE PRTOOLS COMMUNITY I REALLY NEED MY SR\TUFF BACK . ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CALL TH FOLLOWING NUMBERS (305) 436-7272 EXT 1204
(305) 527-7687
Old 03-31-2003, 07:03 PM

Default Re: HD3 CONTROL 24 STOLEN IN MIAMI

BUMP
Old 03-31-2003, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear this crap man. Hope you got renters insurance!! I took out an extra $25,000.00 on my policy just for scenarios like you're going thru!!
Old 03-31-2003, 08:58 PM

No insurance I AM REALLY SCREWED
Old 03-31-2003, 10:03 PM

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you get your equipment back.

Maybe someone in your building saw something? Try posting a reward for information that could lead to something...

I hate it when shi* like this happens!

Imagine
Old 04-01-2003, 12:49 AM

Who knew you had the gear.... go down the entire list and start asking around. Sounds like someone knew.....
Old 04-01-2003, 04:35 AM

someone definately knew something and there were not many people who could have known. I am going through the list as we speak.

Nonetheless these guys knew exactly what they ere doing and what they were taking but funilly enough they didn't take any of the Dsub snakes so if anyone sees anyone wanting to buy some well. There is a start.

The worst thing is that I lost every Track I have ever orked on and I need t go and explain that to all the pople I have worked with. Als I was not insured so I am out $20,000 and in days economy and music scene that puts the curtain down on my music carear for quite a long time.

I am devastated by this.

P.S. If anyone knows anything I m desperate to get my system back. It was my life. I moved down here to Miami in October to pursue Music and now I have nothing left.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:37 AM

Man O' man Digi2000...I'm literally CUSSING as I type!!! This P*SSES me off [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I'm trying to think what type of character took your stuff!! They come in thru a window or kick in your door? If they busted in thru your door...you know them! Why...they either knew you were gone and where you were, or if you would of answered they probably would of said they were just stopping by! Anyone ask you "how much is all this?" lately? Was it portable? Just asking because you said you were in a Apartment. They didn't take your connectors...were they cut? Did anything else in your apartment get taken? I hope the police got to dust some stuff in your apartment, if they knew they had time to disconnect everything, they probably poked around your whole place! Did bands come over with entourages of extra buds, just sitting around? Do you record people in your apartment? You may live in a apartment house or building.... that's my reason asking that. I know the cops can't do to much, a recording system isn't like a car or truck.
Sorry for all the questions man...I have some buds who I did a real raw recording for {a couple days before their show}... because they were playing their first BIG show at a well known venue in Chicago "The Metro" and wanted to hand out C.D.'s. Anyways....they told any and everyone about it! All they had to bring with them was their guitars, amp heads, snare and cymbals. They did the show and when they got back home their house was robbed of ALL their equipment. It was snowing that night and they could literally SEE the A-holes feet prints!!! The thieves knew they had time,because my buds said they could also see that the thieves sat everything down right in front of the house!!!! UNREAL! Never caught em'.
When I hear this bad news, it really makes me want to get a couple of those Lojack type of systems "chip" that they put in family pets, inside of each piece of equipment I got that's over $1000.00.
If you do get it back...try to get some kind of insurance my friend
Old 04-01-2003, 06:15 PM

So far I have heard nothing. It looks realy bad. I do have some feeling that the most likely.

One of my close friends called me to ask if I was playing an April Fools day joke. God I only wish.

Anyway, I am still absolutely destroyed by this and again thanks for everyones help.