Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Default recording MTC with FWx option?

I'm using the FWx option to record audio tracks from a live performance. We are also recording to video. I need to record the video time code to PT LE for post production work. What is the best way to sync the two together? The audio equipment I'm using is the Venue with FWx option connected to a G5. I'm also using Big Ben for master clock.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Avid

Default Re: recording MTC with FWx option?

Hi Jim,

There are a couple of ways to do this with Pro Tools LE. The quick and dirty (and free) way is to take the LTC (not MTC) provided by the video folks and record this as audio to a track in the session. This uses up one of the available record tracks.

A more involved approach requires the use of DV Toolkit, which enables time code functions with PT LE and allows you to use an external device such as a Sync I/O to keep everything aligned.

If it's something you'll be doing infrequently then the former approach may be best. If it's a regular occurrence then the investment in DV Toolkit may be warranted.

A description of how to use a Sync I/O with Pro Tools HD can be found in this post.

Sheldon