Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 AM

Default how long did you wait for "free upgrade to PT9" download code? auto registration?

hey folks,

how long did you guys have to wait to receive the email regarding the free upgrade to PT 9HD? i just upgraded my 7.4 HD system with a new PT 8HD on my G5 PPC.

when i tried to register the PT8 software (from the pop up screen that normally comes up) it says, "Because you activated your product online, you're already registered. Thank you!". i think my ilok activated it so i'm assuming it automatically registers it? is there any other way to check to see if i've registered it so i can qualify for the free upgrade? i tried to check it on the avid account they made me create to activate the ilok code for the free melodyne. and that's all i see in my products link, there's no PT 8HD listed or my 7.4HD.

any help would be appreciated. anxious to have 9 on my macbook
Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Default Re: how long did you wait for "free upgrade to PT9" download code? auto registration?

Quote:
i just upgraded my 7.4 HD system with a new PT 8HD on my G5 PPC.
You upgraded to 8, why do you think you get 9 for free? That would apply if you got a *new* system that only came with PT8, but just doing a software upgrade to PT8 from 7.4 doesn't get you a freebie pass to PT9 as far as I know.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Default Re: how long did you wait for "free upgrade to PT9" download code? auto registration?

i bought a brand new PT 8HD system for cheap. i should have been more specific and said, i replaced the PT 7 with 8 but i did mention it was "new"...

so yes, i qualify for the FREE upgrade
Old 02-27-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agypsy View Post
i bought a brand new PT 8HD system for cheap. i should have been more specific and said, i replaced the PT 7 with 8 but i did mention it was "new"...

so yes, i qualify for the FREE upgrade
That still doesn't mean your going to get PT9 free. I'm sure you'll have to pay for the cross upgrade. But PT8 should be in your account for sure.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
That still doesn't mean your going to get PT9 free. I'm sure you'll have to pay for the cross upgrade. But PT8 should be in your account for sure.
hey bassllik,

here's what it says on the "frequently asked questions" sticky on this forum.

Quote:
Q: I just purchased a new Pro Tools|HD system that came with Pro Tools HD 8. Do I qualify to receive Pro Tools HD 9 software for free?
A: Yes. If you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Native system on or after October 4, 2010, you are eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 9 software. If you’ve registered your system within this timeframe, you’ll automatically receive an email with a free activation code and a link to download Pro Tools HD 9.
you have to surrender a 7 or 8 license and submit your core serial #.