Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 10:13 PM

Default A few 7.3.1cs3 bugs??

Im up and running PTLE 7.3.1cs3 finally. I must say this release is running very stable. Haven't had any error messages or anything like that yet......knock on wood. It seems like everything is really quick and responsive and I like that alot. Not to mention the new features. Dynamic Transport is awesome.

But....

I do sense other bugs though. I wonder how many of you have noticed. I dunno maybe it's just me or I need to get used to this release yet.

Here's the first one. Any time I hit play no matter where I place the cursor. It always starts from the beginning. I have to manually move around the little blue arrow to get it to start where I want it to. I also dont have dynamic transport on. Now this may be something that isn't a bug, and im pretty sure it's not. I just cant figure out how to fix it for the life of me. I like to be able to place the cursor where I ever I want and have it play from there whenever I need it to.

The second one, zooming. I've had a couple occasions where I had highlighted a region and then wanted to zoom in on it. When I would it wouldnt center it in the middle of the screen. Itd put it more off to the right, then id have to scroll over a bit to center it. But if I would make the zoom selection wider, like starting farther away from the region and ending farther away. It would center it then. But then I wouldnt get in as close as Id like to.

The third one, no grid lines. I was doing some editing to a track and was in slip mode. Wanted to go into grid mode, so I switced to grid mode. But no grid lines. I could move the cursor across the track and itd snap to the grid, just couldnt see the lines. I knew that because I had an empty audio track below the track I was working on and there was nothing. Highlighed areas in that track and it was still snapping to the gird.....well the invisible grid, haha. Exited the session opened it back up, still same problem.

So that's when I decided to exit pro tools all together and come on here and post my concerns. If you need computer information, it's in my signature.

Any thoughts???
Old 07-08-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: A few 7.3.1cs3 bugs??

Quote:
Im up and running PTLE 7.3.1cs3 finally. I must say this release is running very stable. Haven't had any error messages or anything like that yet......knock on wood. It seems like everything is really quick and responsive and I like that alot. Not to mention the new features. Dynamic Transport is awesome.

But....

I do sense other bugs though. I wonder how many of you have noticed. I dunno maybe it's just me or I need to get used to this release yet.

Here's the first one. Any time I hit play no matter where I place the cursor. It always starts from the beginning. I have to manually move around the little blue arrow to get it to start where I want it to. I also dont have dynamic transport on. Now this may be something that isn't a bug, and im pretty sure it's not. I just cant figure out how to fix it for the life of me. I like to be able to place the cursor where I ever I want and have it play from there whenever I need it to.

The second one, zooming. I've had a couple occasions where I had highlighted a region and then wanted to zoom in on it. When I would it wouldnt center it in the middle of the screen. Itd put it more off to the right, then id have to scroll over a bit to center it. But if I would make the zoom selection wider, like starting farther away from the region and ending farther away. It would center it then. But then I wouldnt get in as close as Id like to.

The third one, no grid lines. I was doing some editing to a track and was in slip mode. Wanted to go into grid mode, so I switced to grid mode. But no grid lines. I could move the cursor across the track and itd snap to the grid, just couldnt see the lines. I knew that because I had an empty audio track below the track I was working on and there was nothing. Highlighed areas in that track and it was still snapping to the gird.....well the invisible grid, haha. Exited the session opened it back up, still same problem.

So that's when I decided to exit pro tools all together and come on here and post my concerns. If you need computer information, it's in my signature.

Any thoughts???
Have no idea. These are problems that doesnt exist on my install. Also havíng LE7.3.1cs3 on a clean new Windows XP home.

/Micke

Drummer of Yamaha Birch Absolute Custom Nouveau Vintage Natural - Zildjian K Custom Dark - Sabian HH

Macbook (2009-01) 2.0 GHz 4 GB
Intel Quad (2007-07) Q6600 2x250 4 GB
PT 8
Digirack 002
Monitors: JM-Lab Electra 906 & SW900 driven with Pioneer Reference M-90

"Semiprofessional user"
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Hi

i may have the solution for your grid problem. In the upper left of the arrange window click on the blue part where 'bars:beats' is written. Then you will see all grid lines according to the grid you choosed.

Hope this helps

all the best

Claude
Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 PM

also, do you have quicktime installed on your machine? if not, it was found out recently that protools 7.3 needs quicktime to be installed or should i say protools relies on QT being installed
Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 PM

thanks for the reply guys. i've got it figured out. everythung is as it should be. just preference issues. thanks again!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:03 AM

Yes there are a few bugs - like everytime I have to hit play 4 or 5 times to get ProTools to play.

Its a very annoying bug - and its also stopping bounce to disk
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I might be wrong, I've never asked if there was any way to fix this before or not, so I'm not certain, but I've always noticed this problem. You select a region and when you zoom in, once the highlighted area is too long of a selection to fit all on the screen at once, it usually first starts zooming in, centering the beginning of the highlighted selection. Scrolling over to the end of the selection will then make it zoom in on centering that.

Is this not the same thing you're talking about? It sounds like it to me, because as soon as it feels the selected region is too long to fit, you would have to center it, as you make mention.

I've noticed this and worked with it for years now. Not a new problem. I wouldn't consider it a problem, myself. But that's because if I highlight a region, I want to zoom in on the front or back for any reason. My only idea to solve this is mentally highlight the area you want, set your cursor in the middle of that mentally highlighted area, then zoom in. Zoom centers where the cursor's clicked.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Quote:
I might be wrong, I've never asked if there was any way to fix this before or not, so I'm not certain, but I've always noticed this problem. You select a region and when you zoom in, once the highlighted area is too long of a selection to fit all on the screen at once, it usually first starts zooming in, centering the beginning of the highlighted selection. Scrolling over to the end of the selection will then make it zoom in on centering that.

ALT + F will center your zoom selection to fit your screen, otherwise PT will zoom in on the start of the selection.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Yes there are a few bugs - like everytime I have to hit play 4 or 5 times to get ProTools to play.

Its a very annoying bug - and its also stopping bounce to disk
I'm also experiencing this, and agree that it is quite annoying.