How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-17-2016, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Assertion error - line 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Olin View Post
When I started I was having problems all the way around (local and domain accounts). I uninstalled & reinstalled - that seemed to work. Now Xpand just doesn't work, but I think I can fix that also.

I added a local "User" account to the computer. When I use that account I get the assertion error. When I use my account (which is a member of the admin group) I don't have problems. Does that mean that Pro Tools will only run from a local user account that has administrator privileges (not good).
Pro Tools, forgetting domain stiff, wants to have "Run as Administrator" set, which is different than just actually running the app from an Admin account. It's also been fairly standard to disable UAC. I'm not sure of the latest situation, personally. I mostly use Mac. But I do suspect this stuff really needs to be documented better by Avid.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Assertion error - line 241

I have a case# with Avid & one of the techs is going to give a call on Monday. Also, my main network administrator (my networking skills are limited) is going to help me look into it during the week. I'm hoping that with the right access and permissions, that we can setup a group that makes Pro Tools "happy". If we figure something out, I'll start a new thread for "Using Pro Tools 12 in a Windows Domain" and explain everything I learned. Wish me some luck; i feel like I'm going to need it.