Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 PM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.
Default Is there a way to LINK the ELASTIC feature to Tempo???

I'm trying to word this properly so that the question makes sense.

I'm running all my drums with BFD2, so the tempo can be altered at will and it works perfectly, as I'm sure most of you are very aware by now.

Problem is, let's say I recorded my song at 140 bpm and then decided it was too slow . . . . do I have to re-record all my guitar parts or can I just somehow tie the whole thing together so that I can "stretch and squish it" a bit, trying to find the cooler tempo?

Since it does both things, I am wondering if some of you Pro Tools Jedi Masters know how to do it??

Thanks!!!
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .
Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Is there a way to LINK the ELASTIC feature to Tempo???

jus' take all your other trax,
enable elastic (polyphonic is a good default...)
change the trax to "ticks" mode,
then grab your tempo slider and make like a rubber band!
b.o.l.
e
Old 09-13-2009, 07:19 PM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.
Default Re: Is there a way to LINK the ELASTIC feature to Tempo???

I can't wait to try that tomorrow when I get back to the studio!! Thanks!!

I'm very excited that this is a real possibility. Thank you so much!!!
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .