Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2004, 01:18 PM

Default No signal when recording MIDI after upgrade to 6.1

Hi everyone,

I just upgrade to PT LE v. 6.1.1 (from 5.3.1)

just now I wanted to record some MIDI to a track (in a project created in 5.3.1), what I normally do is just record-enable the track and press rec and play.

For some reason it's not working for me in v. 6.1.1. No MIDI signal is picked up from my keyboard, I'm using an Alesis QS8 as MIDI controller, I have never had to pay attention to any MIDI settings on that keyboard, I use the QS8 to play Sampletank2 sounds and have basically never had a problem.

However, MIDI playback works, (there's some MIDI in my sessions from prior to updating to v. 6.1.1)

I haven't changed anything in my setup and can't see anything in the manual which suggest I have to. I did notice that the input and output of the MIDI channel looks different in v. 6.1.1, input only shows "All" now, output shows my 16 Sampletank channels, but at the end of each channel's name it says this: "(no channels activated)"

I've searched both the manual and the DUC to try to find out if something's changed relating to this in v. 6.1.1 without luck, so I'm hoping somebody out there can help with this problem.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: No signal when recording MIDI after upgrade to 6.1

I had a problem where i thought no midi data was being sent to my 002 from my Triton, with v6.1 cuz the i wasn't getting a meter reading on the midi channel, so my intial thought was the set-up was wrong, i just hit record anyways and the midi data ended up being recorded and played back fine, i just wasn't getting my channel meter to signal??? why?? i still don't know but i'm recording and playing back midi with no problems. Also, when playing back the midi the channel meter shows a reading...