Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 08-03-2021, 10:18 AM

Default Pro Tools Not Recognizing 192 I/O

I've recently hooked up a Blue 192 I/O but it is not showing up in Pro Tools. It shows that it is connected to HDX card in Digitest and I have the Digilink License. I've installed the latest drivers and updated firmware. Any suggestions?

System: 2018 Mac Mini macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Avid Thunderbolt Chasis w/HDX Card
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6
Avid HD I/O
Digidesign 192 I/O

Last edited by signalflow313; 08-03-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added system details
Old 08-03-2021, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Not Recognizing 192 I/O

Digitest "sees" it, but does that mean it passed? Some things to try:
1-With everything powered off, pull the digilink cable and inspect both ends, the ports on the card and both ends of the digilink adapter cable. If everything looks clean and good, reconnect and make sure everything is seated nice and solid.
2-In Pro Tools, open the Setup>Hardware menu and see if the 192 is showing there(if it is, continue on. If it isn't, see*)
3-Open Setup>IO>Input tab and hit the Default button(repeat for the Output tab)
4-Make sure that you get meters moving on the 192 with signal going to your mic preamp(s)

*-it might be worth opening iLok manager and looking at your Digilink license to make sure its not expired. Assuming it isn't, I would deactivate it and re-activate it.

If none of this helps, maybe post some screen captures showing the Hardware setup page and the IO setup pages for input and output.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-03-2021, 01:44 PM

For troubleshooting, you always need to simplify things. Get the HD interface out of the system and use it with the blue 192 only. Does it work or does it not?
Old 08-04-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
For troubleshooting, you always need to simplify things. Get the HD interface out of the system and use it with the blue 192 only. Does it work or does it not?
When I launch Pro Tools without the HD I/O I get an error message saying there is no interface present.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Digitest "sees" it, but does that mean it passed? Some things to try:
1-With everything powered off, pull the digilink cable and inspect both ends, the ports on the card and both ends of the digilink adapter cable. If everything looks clean and good, reconnect and make sure everything is seated nice and solid.
2-In Pro Tools, open the Setup>Hardware menu and see if the 192 is showing there(if it is, continue on. If it isn't, see*)
3-Open Setup>IO>Input tab and hit the Default button(repeat for the Output tab)
4-Make sure that you get meters moving on the 192 with signal going to your mic preamp(s)

*-it might be worth opening iLok manager and looking at your Digilink license to make sure its not expired. Assuming it isn't, I would deactivate it and re-activate it.

If none of this helps, maybe post some screen captures showing the Hardware setup page and the IO setup pages for input and output.
Cables look good. Tried deactivating and re-activating the license but still no go.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalflow313 View Post
When I launch Pro Tools without the HD I/O I get an error message saying there is no interface present.
Get a screwdriver and re-seat the digital card a few times. If it still does not work, then it does not work.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:57 AM

Pardon me for jumping in here. Just a quick related question; Can Pro Tools HDX work solely with the old Digidesign era 192 I/O or does it need at least one of the newer HD interfaces before the 192? Thanks!!
Old 08-05-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
Pardon me for jumping in here. Just a quick related question; Can Pro Tools HDX work solely with the old Digidesign era 192 I/O or does it need at least one of the newer HD interfaces before the 192? Thanks!!
Old sole blue DigiDesign interface is just fine, you only need an adapter between original DigiLink and the new mini DigiLink.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Old sole blue DigiDesign interface is just fine, you only need an adapter between original DigiLink and the new mini DigiLink.
Thanks!
Old 08-05-2021, 11:08 AM

Figured it out! Had to put the cards in the correct slots. I had a 2nd analog card in slot 3 but it needed to be in slot 4.