Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Default Eleven Rack And Antares AVP-1

I'm trying to help a buddy out, and not having much luck. I would appreciate any advice or tips...

He has an Eleven Rack, Antares AVP-1 and a mic that requires phantom power. He has the mic plugged in to the mic input of the 11R with the phantom power activated. He has the AVP-1 routed to the FX loop on the back of the 11R. I guess my question is, will the FX loop work with the mic input and if so, does any one have any pointers on how to get that working?

Thanks,
-Chris
Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack And Antares AVP-1

I'm the buddy looking for an answer to this problem. I whipped out the mbox one and tried to use it as a phantom DI to go direct in the AVP and just DI to eleven.... no luck. My day is ruined!!!! HELLLLLLLPPP ME!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM

I thought the Antares allowed for a mic input? If not, I would use a decent external mic preamp and avoid the insert path entirely(just my preference, and it will work without any hassle). Personally, I would not track thru the Antares, but feel free(your needs may be different than mine). I consider the Antares a "live use" piece and would use AutoTune or Melodyne in my session for pitch correction/FX.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM

Ya. Issue is I am still running a g5 power pc and like to fly on my demos. Melodyne is a bit time consuming for the process. Since I basically want to one track double and move to the next part.... Do you know of a way to have my mbox 1 hooked in but stay inactive so as to keep paths clear in protools?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 AM

I have just toyed around with an ER (not mine) for a couple of hours... can´t see why it shouldn´t work.
Select mic as your rig input.
In the user settings, setup the FX Loop to mono out stereo in, alternative all mono.
In the FX loop controls settings, set it to your preferable mix (I´d set it to 100% wet).
Record the rig output.

What exactly isn´t working? Have you got the mic input working but not the insert path?? No sound at all?
Personally I havn´t recorded a single minute in PT yet, but I think I read somewhere that you must arm the ER track in PT to hear it. Please beware... As stated... no experience at all in PT :)