Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Problem importing Rex files

Hello all. Obviously pro tools can import Rex and REx2 files now. My problem is that about half of my rex loops import and have clicking sounds in them. they also have a small waveform logo on the bottom left hand side of the audio region. I don't know if this is related, but what causes that clicking sound when I import them?? I've tried using the workspace browser AND just dragging them in off my hard drive.

Here is a JPEG of what the waveform looks like.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...tzvzcj&thumb=4
thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Avid

Default Re: Problem importing Rex files

Quote:
Hello all. Obviously pro tools can import Rex and REx2 files now. My problem is that about half of my rex loops import and have clicking sounds in them. they also have a small waveform logo on the bottom left hand side of the audio region. I don't know if this is related, but what causes that clicking sound when I import them?? I've tried using the workspace browser AND just dragging them in off my hard drive.

Here is a JPEG of what the waveform looks like.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...tzvzcj&thumb=4
thanks in advance.
Can't really discern why the clicks are occuring EXCEPT that understand that REX files have embedded 'slices', which may have tiny gaps in them. The ICON you see is the symbol for a Region Group. In Preferences/Processing pane you have the option to Imprt REX files as Region Groups.

That's most likely ON.

I'm curious to check out one of the 'clicking files' if you feel inclined to send me one:

[email protected]

-tv

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."