Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-18-2011, 09:48 AM

Default Clarification please HD pci-e core/accel cards

I'd like to get an HD pcie core card and a 192 and run PT 10HD on my
macpro 1.1. 2*3gig

Questions:

I really miss those tdm plugs but also, sound blender/pitchblender
eventides factory,EMI TG 12413, and pheonix.
Does anyone know if these plugs run on HD10, even with a new upgrade?

Is heat free in HD9 or does it come free with the upgrade to HD10?

So I have until the end of the year to buy a pcie-core card with HD9 and I can get the upgrade to HD10 for $599 by buying the service plan(or whatever they call it)?

Just like to make sure I can upgrade and use my tdm plugs or I may just buy a native card, thanks so much!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Clarification please HD pci-e core/accel cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthtunz View Post
I'd like to get an HD pcie core card and a 192 and run PT 10HD on my
macpro 1.1. 2*3gig

Questions:

Are all HD pcie core cards accel cards?
Will just the accel core run my impact and revibe tdm plug ins?

I really miss those tdm plugs but also, sound blender/pitchblender
eventides factory,EMI TG 12413, and pheonix.
Does anyone know if these plugs run on HD10, even with a new upgrade?

So before the end of the year I have to buy a pcie-core card with HD9
so I can get the upgrade to HD10 for $599 right?

Just like to make sure I can upgrade and use my tdm plugs or I may just buy a native card, thanks so much!!!
You'll need an Accel PCIe core card for your Mac Pro. With just a core card, you'll be running an HD1 and won't have much power for plugins at all after building the mixer and adding delay comp.

Check your plugins with each individual manufacturer for compatibility with PT HD 10. This information can easily be found on their web pages.

I'm not sure about the upgrade to PT HD 10 for $599 if you're buying a used system with PT HD 9. I am doubtful, but perhaps someone knows something to the contrary.

You could go HD Native, but your older Mac Pro will probably not give you the best experience for tracking at low buffers.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumster View Post
You'll need an Accel PCIe core card for your Mac Pro. With just a core card, you'll be running an HD1 and won't have much power for plugins at all after building the mixer and adding delay comp.

Check your plugins with each individual manufacturer for compatibility with PT HD 10. This information can easily be found on their web pages.

I'm not sure about the upgrade to PT HD 10 for $599 if you're buying a used system with PT HD 9. I am doubtful, but perhaps someone knows something to the contrary.

You could go HD Native, but your older Mac Pro will probably not give you the best experience for tracking at low buffers.
I had the Hd2 in a G5 and I was happy between the tdm and rtas that I had on that so I figured with my quad macro I would get almost the same?
I figured that the pcie core card was more powerful and that i'd get more rtas out of the quad as well?
I was wondering though if the accel only plugs like impact would run with just the accel core, I figured it would being that it's an accel card but wasn't sure.
I haven't done a lot of drum tracking with the macpro but I put up charles dyes mix it like a record tracks and it was able to run a whole lot of plugs and what 60 tracks, just the macpro.
It didn't want to open that session with a low buffer though!

i was hoping to find out wether anyone else had tried running those tdm plugs on Pt 10hd.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:10 AM

Bump