Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2024, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 Firewire on macOS Monterey

Hey Paul, Congrats!!!

...I have the same problem... every time I have to force quit Pro Tools... OK, than that will stay with 23.12....

Have a nice weekend,
Helen
Old 01-26-2024, 04:40 AM

Yep! Have to force quit PT as well, but no big deal. Everything is working and now I can get some actual work done.
Phew!
Thanks again to everyone who chimed in!
Paul
Old 01-26-2024, 04:41 AM

Yep! Have to force quit PT as well, but no big deal. Everything is working and now I can get some actual work done.
Phew!
Paul
Old 01-26-2024, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscott57 View Post
Phew!
Paul
Realized you live in Willits.

I lived in Ukiah back in 1980 with my uncle. Truly the funnest times in my teens. Seen Sammy Hagar play in a back yard party before he became famous. I used to live with the Rouse Family, well known masonry company. KWEL

Old 01-27-2024, 11:07 AM

Final observation:
When I close out of a Pro Tools Session, and then select my Focusrite unit as the Playback Engine, then power off my 003, I find I can close Pro Tools without having to Force Quit.
It doesn’t work the other way for me.
I’m not sure if this saves any time or whether it does any harm to Force Quit - unless you do so while a Session is open, as you might lose changes.
Peace Out, All y’all’s!
Happy DAWing!
Paul

from "basslik":
"Realized you live in Willits. I lived in Ukiah back in 1980 with my uncle. Truly the funnest times in my teens. Seen Sammy Hagar play in a back yard party before he became famous. I used to live with the Rouse Family, well known masonry company. KWEL"
I'm enjoying Willits - only lived here for a little over a year and a half - Paul
Old 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM

You'll find this interesting.

I had to overdub a bass part. When I was done, I reached to turn off the preamp I was using. When I reached over to shut it off, I accidentally turned off my Digi 003 (WOW). What was I thinking?

Anyhow, right away I got the usual error from PT stating I lost communication. Then asked if I want to save.

Well, I saved a recovery session, then proceeded to shut down, and it did not give me the wheel of death. It closed the session normally, and I didn't have to force quit.

So it has something to do with the hardware device, for sure, since Paul and I experienced a similar situation.

THAN WAS ENLIGHTENING

Last edited by basslik; 02-07-2024 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2024, 03:09 PM

OK ... Final, final note.
The last link in the chain for me was Word Clock. I've used it before in a job I had years ago, but never had a need in my home studio.
Anyway, I was getting annoying clicks from the Scarlett, and I sorta kinda remembered that noise. So I inquired around and found that noise to be due to the two devices not able to talk to each other correctly via Optical I/O and Word Clock.
I had the Optical cables but didn't have a WC cable, and when I ordered one, it took a long time to get here.
But, FINALLY, it got here and everything is now working great! 16 inputs now!
Still have to "Force Quit" PT when done, but that's a minor issue and doesn't bother me much.
Thanks again to all on this thread, especially "basslik" and Helen of "soundweaver"; and to the original post "visionsmusicgroup". And a big thanks to Darryl Ramm for help with Word Clock.
Paul