Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 10:04 PM

Default A problem with deleted audio files

This is what I call a "mistery" problem. One of those strange things that happens and you say "that's strange, I've never seen it and I don't understand it".
Well, this is it: I was working in a song where I recorded new tracks in order to later replace some old ones. I don't remember in which order I did it, but I went to the Audio Files listing and deleted (not removed) them, and also deleted the tracks from the session. Then I went to the Audio Files folder, after closing the session, and I checked, and the files were still there. So, I thought may be I erased the original ones (because those were Import Audio to track . So I deleted them again, this time as a Mac operation.
But the next time I opened the session, it was asking for those files. I thought: OK, I just need to remove them from the audio files listing in the session (they will appear in italics) and that's it, but the problem is those files don't show up on the listing in the session any more, so I can't remove them, but every time I open the session it asks for those files, and I have to skip them all the time.
Has any one experienced this or have an explanation for it?
Thanks,
Alex
Old 09-17-2002, 12:02 AM

Default Re: A problem with deleted audio files

Yes, sometimes it happens to me.
I consolidate all the files in the session (even the files that don't need a "consolidate") and then remove manually from the Audio Files folder all the files that I can't delete and don't correspond to the list of audio files.

If ProTools always ask for those files just make a session copy and everything should be OK.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:58 PM

Well, Kenshiro, I did that, just when the problem showed up, but it seems the copy also have the same "invisible" deleted files, because it asks for them too.
It's remains a mistery to me.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:07 PM

In past versions of PT, if you removed files from the session's audio folder, you'd just select "skip all", and once you saved the session again, it wouldn't ask for them anymore. In 5.1, it seems to ask for them no matter what you do. It may be due to the auto back-up feature or something... not really sure.