Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-1999, 10:50 AM

Default Problems recording \"Coaxial\" w/AIII to DAT

I would really need to get a response ASAP, as I have a session today and need to contact
technical support... I recently purchased Mac OS 8.5 (Upgrade from 8.1) The platform
that I am working on is the Mac G3 Mini-Tower [Beige], 266 Mhz. I have the
AudioMedia III card installed, along with Studio Vision Pro 4.2, SDII 2.82, SCII, and
ProTools 4.3.1 w/ToolBox software. Everything was running fine until I installed the Mac
OS Upgrade. THEN:

Programs:
AudioMedia III card installed
Studio Vision Pro 4.2
SDII 2.82
SCII (Sample Cell II)
ProTools 4.3.1 w/ToolBox software

1.) First, there was no "Sound" Control Panel - since found it!
2.) After finding the "Sound" Control Panel, I can record from the "Coaxial" digital input
from my DAT player (Sony DA 20)into the computer, but when I try to record back to the DAT(Coaxial), there is no source sound. I know that the card recognizes the DAT player,
because it locks the "Coaxial" clock on the display of the DAT player. What happens is
that when I run a file in either of the above listed programs, there is no sound recorded.

Is this a problem with Apple, or is anyone else seem to be having this problem with the
AudioMedia III "Digital Out", or "Coaxial" out? I have already chosen Digidesign Sound Card, and playback directly from disc...
Old 06-22-1999, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Problems recording \"Coaxial\" w/AIII to DAT

will re-Calibration help? (Or does that have anything to do with it?)

[This message has been edited by gqkelly (edited 06-22-99).]
Old 06-22-1999, 04:14 PM

For any of you people out there who was as "far behind" as I was on the Mac OS problems, I found out myself that there is a bug with Mac OS 8.5, and that you need 8.5.1 (I just got off the phone with Apple and Digidesign Tech support - been calling all day). For those of you like dylennon, good luck with 8.6. It might work on the "Big Blue Machine G3, but I was told to stick to 8.5.1 until they fix 8.6. Apparently, you still might not be able to record digital, or might still have problems with the coaxial on the AIII if you use 8.6. Good luck to all!!!!! And thanks to all that helped answer my questions
Old 06-22-1999, 04:35 PM

Try trashing your digi-setup from your system or prefs folder and then restarting. You'll probably have to do this each time you switch from Protools to Vision. This is a feature of the Audiomedia card when used with third party software.

[This message has been edited by Ciaran1 (edited 06-22-99).]