Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2022, 08:14 AM

Default DADman MTRX Monitor profile loading

When moving studios and connecting to different MTRX units I am losing my monitor profile setups and I dont seem to have a way to load previously saved. Is there a way to save / load monitor profiles (They dont show in the File>Open dialog) ? I dont see a way other than importing elements from previously saved ones. Some confusion here. All the documents seem to talk about is setting up - not dealing with reloading previous setups. Am I missing something?

TIA!
Old 01-05-2022, 12:00 PM

Default Re: DADman MTRX Monitor profile loading

It's a bit confusing but possible.

Go to settings>Monitor Profile
At the bottom, "Import from profile"
At the bottom of that window "Open profile"

Then you can import as you see fit. (remember if you use the SPQ card, the settings for that are saved with the output groups)
Old 01-05-2022, 12:15 PM

Thanks - that seems to only allow individual items to be imported, not a complete monitor profile. I'm currently returned to my studio after a location event, and I cannot load my rather complex monitor profile I had previously created. Try it. Once you select a profile from ''open profile...' dialog the selection of items dialog comes up. It doesn't load the complete profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
It's a bit confusing but possible.

Go to settings>Monitor Profile
At the bottom, "Import from profile"
At the bottom of that window "Open profile"

Then you can import as you see fit. (remember if you use the SPQ card, the settings for that are saved with the output groups)
Old 01-05-2022, 12:24 PM

If you want to open a previously saved profile completely, just go to DADman and select Open Profile.

NOT File > Open
but
File > Open Profile (in the second section under File)
Old 01-05-2022, 12:25 PM
Avid

Greetings,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md2ktxtuy0...ource.pdf?dl=0

Page 6 - describes loading a Stereo Monitor profile or loading a Monitor Profile which was created on a unit with a different serial number. Remember that File > Open is for patch (.dms) settings and File > Open Profile is for Monitor Profiles (.dmprof ) files.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 01-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Boom - thankyou. And DOH - simple!!

much appreciated
Old 01-05-2022, 12:28 PM

thnx - I blame 3 days of no sleep recording on my lack of ability to think straight ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md2ktxtuy0...ource.pdf?dl=0

Page 6 - describes loading a Stereo Monitor profile or loading a Monitor Profile which was created on a unit with a different serial number. Remember that File > Open is for patch (.dms) settings and File > Open Profile is for Monitor Profiles (.dmprof ) files.

best,

Jeff
Old 02-19-2022, 02:34 PM

Hi!

We had a MTRX go out, and AVID had to send us a new one. I can't get it to load either profiles or patches because I am getting a serial number error. I hit continue and it's just black still. It also won't do import from profile from the settings header....I select and hit import from selected, but then nothing happens???

I can confirm all outputs are working. I tested by manually clicking in the "Con" grid.

Anybody have any thoughts or help they can offer??

Thanks so much!
Old 02-19-2022, 02:39 PM

My apologies. It worked for some reason on the tenth try.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:29 PM
Avid

Monitor Profiles can be interchanged - however it does require the process above currently which is cancelling out > Settings > Monitor Profile > Enable Monitor, then saving a new Profile which associates your serial number with the new profile.

We are working on improving the process of interchanging units with different serial numbers.

For reference -> this doc should help navigate the unit:https://www.dropbox.com/s/md2ktxtuy0...ource.pdf?dl=0

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ