Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Default Eleven Rack Sample Rate/ Internal Clock fixed at 48khz??

Hello!

I've just booted up Reaper after using the Eleven Rack in PT8LE and it's showing these little tabs on the audio which say 'resampled from 44.1' and the project is now set at 24bit 48khz?

It seems that the Eleven Rack is now sending this sample rate to the RME Babyface but there is no way of changing it. If I switch off the PC it gives you the option tp change the sample rate otherwise it automatically switches back to 48khz on the Eleven Rack.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Sample Rate/ Internal Clock fixed at 48khz??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran5000 View Post
Hello!

I've just booted up Reaper after using the Eleven Rack in PT8LE and it's showing these little tabs on the audio which say 'resampled from 44.1' and the project is now set at 24bit 48khz?

It seems that the Eleven Rack is now sending this sample rate to the RME Babyface but there is no way of changing it. If I switch off the PC it gives you the option to change the sample rate otherwise it automatically switches back to 48khz on the Eleven Rack.
How do you have the Eleven Rack and Babyface connected together? If you are using S/PDIF digital connections (via an optical converter?) what device is set to to clock from what device?

Why is a Babyface involved here at all? Do you really need it?

Windows OS version? Are you using ASIO4ALL?

Please read the "Help us Help You" link at the top of this page and try to provide more detailed information.

Darryl
Old 07-07-2012, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Sample Rate/ Internal Clock fixed at 48khz??

Cheers for the reply again, basically the RME is superb for recording vocals and bass so I never really intended to replace it with the Eleven Rack which is just for guitars.

That said I've now dropped the SPDIF link and decided to stick to USB, and when I want to record vocals/ bass I'll just have to switch over to the Babyface. That way I can set the ER to 44.1 khz.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 AM

I am not following what exact problem you are asking for help with or exactly what is connected when and how. Are you having problems with Pro Tools or Reaper or both? You have the Eleven Rack connected to the PC via USB then you remove it and connect the Babyface? Or you switch between playback engines? There is absolutely no direct digital connection directly between the interfaces? Are you trying to aggregate the devices (use both within Pro Tools at the same time)? Both devices are set to internal clocks?

Again.... what Windows version? Are you using ASIO4ALL? Please read that help us help you link at the top of this web page and provide at least some of the information asked for there.

Darryl