Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Default Help! I've created a session as a intervleaved when now I need it as sterio mix

My gear PT LE ver 8.05, Mac, MBox 2

I record VO's all of the time so I have various templates set up for what I'm about to record.

In creating a new demo file I forgot the interleaved "selection" and now I need a stereo mix.

Any way I can bring the original session data into the new stereo session?

I've looked over the users manual and can't find anything that seems to work

Thanks in advance..

Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Help! I've created a session as a intervleaved when now I need it as sterio mix

Interleaved is still Stereo... There's Left and Right in the audio, it's just a single file instead of having a separate file for Left and Right.
In case you didn't realize that.

PT always works with separate Left and Right regions, so your original Session IS in Stereo. If you need a Stereo Mix of the Session, all you have to do is Bounce To Disk, but select Multiple Mono for your output. That will give you a Left file, and a Right file.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Help! I've created a session as a intervleaved when now I need it as sterio mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV View Post
Interleaved is still Stereo... There's Left and Right in the audio, it's just a single file instead of having a separate file for Left and Right.
In case you didn't realize that.

PT always works with separate Left and Right regions, so your original Session IS in Stereo. If you need a Stereo Mix of the Session, all you have to do is Bounce To Disk, but select Multiple Mono for your output. That will give you a Left file, and a Right file.
Or you can import the interleaved file into a new session and split it out to dual mono if you need

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Thanks folks...

Truly appreciate the assistance.

Now if I could just get ver 8 to work with the Lion OS....life would be perfect.

New iPhone....no cloud...(sigh)

Regards,

Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff ONeil View Post
Thanks folks...

Truly appreciate the assistance.

Now if I could just get ver 8 to work with the Lion OS....life would be perfect.

New iPhone....no cloud...(sigh)

Regards,

Jeff
Sadly, I think you will need to buy 9.0.6 or just bite the bullet and go to PT10. Lion is not supported with PT8.x

Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 AM

Cool Re: Help! I've created a session as a intervleaved when now I need it as sterio mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Sadly, I think you will need to buy 9.0.6 or just bite the bullet and go to PT10. Lion is not supported with PT8.x

Albee, I know that ver 8 is not supported. I'm holding off until some payments come in before upgrading to PT10 and the AD box. The Mbox2 I have won't be supported for much longer. It's actually cheaper to buy them together as a package. I'll sell the Mbox2 on EBAY once I've upgraded.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff ONeil View Post
Albee, I know that ver 8 is not supported. I'm holding off until some payments come in before upgrading to PT10 and the AD box. The Mbox2 I have won't be supported for much longer. It's actually cheaper to buy them together as a package. I'll sell the Mbox2 on EBAY once I've upgraded.

Thanks

Jeff
Good plan and I can absolutely understand waiting for money to come in