Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:04 PM
cpunthank cpunthank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hollywood, CA, USA
Posts: 33
Default Timecode chase problem

I am trying to generate timecode from 1 of my ProTools systems via SYNC I/O to a second ProTools system to chase. The problem is this, the system that is slaving to timecode is not consistent in the amount of time it takes to chase. It will lock up pretty fast for about 75% of the time, but for the other 25%, it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds before it locks. Both systems are setup the same:
Mac G5 2.7
Mac OS 10.4.2 Tiger
ProTools 6.9.3
HD3

Please help, this is happening in 2 seperate studios with the same setup.
__________________
Chris Unthank
Larson Studios
www.larson.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Chief Technician Chief Technician is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,981
Default Re: Timecode chase problem

Does this thread seem applicable?
__________________
Jonathan S. Abrams, CEA, CEV, CBNT
Apple Certified - Technical Coordinator (v10.5), Support Professional (v10.6 through v10.10)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2005, 10:56 AM
cpunthank cpunthank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hollywood, CA, USA
Posts: 33
Default Re: Timecode chase problem

Thanks, that looks exactly like what I'm looking for. I went through the the 1st page though, and there doesn't seem to be a solution. Thanks again.
__________________
Chris Unthank
Larson Studios
www.larson.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ProTools won't chase incoming timecode Jason Stygar Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 12-01-2010 07:32 PM
LTC chase problem in PT 7.2 churek Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 3 09-19-2006 08:58 AM
Timecode chase with MBox and LE Problems evandaum Post - Surround - Video 2 10-01-2005 04:30 PM
6.7 Timecode generation problem Richard Barrie Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 4 02-14-2005 08:54 AM
Timecode problem ... Mr Peete 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 1 04-24-2001 02:27 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com