Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-22-2024, 04:45 AM

Default Re: 2024.3 Bugs to Confirm

It turns out the folder bug is not a bug and now it makes sense. The shortcut follows the edit cursor or edit selection. This emphasizes work being done on clips and needing a shortcut to manipulate your view since you have a distance to travel to click the folder button.

This info is in the manual, which I should have consulted first but I am now accustomed to Cubase's manual, which is terrible. The Pro Tools manual is a proper, good old fashioned manual. Been reading it and will finish and consult.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:44 PM

I've run into another issue which appears to be a bug.

When selecting Default Midi Thru to be "first selected Midi track" I hear crackling and distortion when I click in on midi clips, notes, and in the piano roll. When I select none or the instrument that I am editing it works fine.

This is a feature I was hoping would work since I'm finding it hard to arm a track just to preview it.

This occurs at all buffer sizes including 1024. I am on a Mac Studio Ultra with 64 gig of RAM, so it's not the machine.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpony View Post
I've run into another issue which appears to be a bug.

When selecting Default Midi Thru to be "first selected Midi track" I hear crackling and distortion when I click in on midi clips, notes, and in the piano roll. When I select none or the instrument that I am editing it works fine.

This is a feature I was hoping would work since I'm finding it hard to arm a track just to preview it.

This occurs at all buffer sizes including 1024. I am on a Mac Studio Ultra with 64 gig of RAM, so it's not the machine.
Hi Redpony....

I see you have a case started and an audio tech will reach out thru the case but... could you please indicate the OS you are on with the Mac exactly as that helps when they go to reproduce it.

Standing by for that info so I can add it to the case notes.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 04-24-2024, 05:56 PM

Thanks Marianna. I am on MacOS 14.4.1.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:12 AM

Follow up summary: the folder tracks work as intended and was not a bug but a consequence of how Pro Tools operates with edit selection/track selection. The distortion when using midi input thru was resolved by deleting preferences. I've been gun shy about using this feature again so can't yet say if preference corruption is to be expected. The issue of Kontakt crashing when duplicating tracks has been confirmed as a bug.

The positive side to all of this is that it has compelled me to read the manual, which is very good, and learn how to use Pro Tools better.