Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-06-2022, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Just upgraded to MBA M2 - PT no longer working

Yeh it does look like the offer suits my situation ie. perpetual license with no current subscription.

t&cs in email
* The $100 savings offer is available only through September 30, 2022, to Pro Tools 9 and later perpetual license owners without an active support plan. Purchasing a new 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan enables you to upgrade your existing Pro Tools software to the latest version of Pro Tools Studio, plus get access to all new releases, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, Standard support, and more for one year. Plans renew at standard pricing. Plans may be purchased after this offer has expired at regular $349 USD pricing.   

** If you have a Pro Tools 12 or later perpetual license registered in your Avid Account, you can upgrade through your Avid Account or local reseller. Pro Tools 9–11 perpetual license owners can upgrade through your local reseller only.  
Old 08-07-2022, 12:21 AM

Just take the offer, dealers also have deals out there but if you go through Avid you get easier auto renewals.

There are lots of good improvements in Pro Tools with 2022.4 moving from standard to "Studio" and all the plugins in the complete plugin bundle are a big thing for me at least. Heck your current version of Pro Tools is so old it's before the significant AAX/plugin performance improvement changes (that came in 2019.5 IIRC), I could not imagine running on that.

You have to be careful with plugins, if you have stuff installed now migrated off an old system, uninstall it all. Installing only the latest Avid plugins (Avids own plugins were recently borked with ILM compatibility issues on recent macOS releases and needed to be updated), and for any 3rd party plugins make sure they are compatible with Monterey, all plugins are Intel only for now (and run under Rosetta 2 along with Pro Tools), that will change when Avid ships a native Apple Silicon version of Pro Tools).
Old 08-07-2022, 01:01 AM

I'm sure I'll enjoy any new features of the latest version, but as I mentioned I'm not a power user and I was more than happy with the features of 2018.4.

Guess Avid is about to get some more $$$ out of me. I hope one of the updates they do over the next 12 months (of my subscription) is aimed at M2 compatibility/enhanced performance.