Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 12:58 AM

Default GA-7DX+ System Question (Allen\'s sub $900 system)

Allen,

You helped me spec out a system a while back and I finally took the plunge! I got all of the exact components you listed with the original under $900 system. GA-7DX+ with the 1.4 Thunderbird. Maxtor drives, etc... Couple things... Do I need to flash the bios on the GA-7DX before installing the OS? Also, I think I may have screwed myself... I ordered the Panaflo fan, but didn't get the optional "connector". So basically, I have 2 bare leads coming off the fan. Do you know if you have to have a specific Panaflo connector to hook it up to power, or is this something that is easily done with parts that could be purchased at a 'puter hardware store? Just curious... By the way, this group has been PHENOMENALLY helpful in gathering info to build a system... Thanks to all those that have contributed to all of us newbies out there...

Thanks,
Dave [email protected]
Old 04-22-2002, 01:20 AM

Default Re: GA-7DX+ System Question (Allen\'s sub $900 system)

You dont need to buy anything, the panasonic panaflo uses the indutrial standar 2 prones, while the fan connector on the MB is 3.(power, ground and speed detection. what u need to do is cut off the little plastic clip ( 2 mm x1 mm)in the right side. and leave the left clip in place. now u can just plug it directly to the 3 pins fan power from ur board only thing u are not gonna get is the speed detection. If u need more help call my store between 11-7 for Alvin i will be able to help u out.info is on the profile
Old 04-22-2002, 05:56 AM

Default Re: GA-7DX+ System Question (Allen\'s sub $900 system)

twist the ends of each wire and shove them into a 4 wire connector coming from the p/s (the same type connector the hdd is connected to). put one to black (ground) and one to the opposite side, which is +12V. jam them in good, then wrap it in tape.

adapt and overcome!