Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2021, 01:15 PM

Default Need help with an export

Good evening folks,

I hope you are all well. Noob here. I am doing vocals for an engineer in South Africa and so as I am based in Ireland I need to get him over the dry track. He has requested that I send them 24bit 96kHz Mono. So that's all good.

The waves were absolutely fine on my side, but when I sent them over to him and he opened them on his side (Cubase) he informed me that the waves had gotten huge as if there was a mastering compressor of sorts sitting on my Master Output channel. This is what he suspects but it may not be the case.

I haven't altered the vocals at all. I added nothing to them. They are as dry as dry can be. Why would this happen? Is there something I need to tick or untick? I do appreciate any help or guidance you can offer me as I am really new to this. Thank you so much

I have attached images so you can see the healthy wave sizes on my side (second pic), and the humongous wave sizes on his side (first pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2021-08-22 at 20.44.44.jpg (34.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg VocalTracks.jpg (16.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-22-2021, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Need help with an export

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Looking at images of waveforms tells us nothing. They could be enlarged on his image, and not on the other.

Are you shure he knows shat he's talking about. It should not be difficult to tell if the audio has been clipped or not, and to do that you do not look at the waveform.
The safest way to enshure that nothing is happening to your audio when you want to export it, is to not use bounce, but to select all the clips, consolidate, and in the clip bin menu select export on that clip.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Need help with an export

Thank you so much for you help. I will give this and shot!