Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2016, 06:41 PM

Default Tips - For Use With Cubase...

as a soundcard, and monitoring through the software (latency is no issue these days ).

Today I tried it as a main soundcard/interface for the first time (I were stripping down my Editing suite).

I tripped into the funky part of monitoring the 11R through Cubase, and the problem of not being able to turn off the Direct Monitoring from the 11R. But...

.... after some time I got it to work in a consistent way. Every time you open Cubase (and a project), you'll have to:
Open the Device Setup > Go to the audio driver (below the Vst Audio System entry) > Then Tick and Untick the Direct Monitoring box.

The above seems to work every time. I have tested about 30-40 times (by opening, saving project, and quit Cubase in a repeated cycle).
I don't exactly know why, or what happens, but as long as it's repeatable it's OK (I guess the communication between the driver and Cubase is "skipping a beat").

PS. I have until today (since 2009/10) only used my two Eleven Racks as a dedicated guitar amps for direct recording (one in my studio, one in my overdub/edit suite).
And sometimes I've hooked up to a poweramp + cab + mic scenario. I really like my two Eleven Racks