Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Default don\'t ask - always adjust bounds

I find myself hitting "adjust bounds" button 500 times in day when doing crossfades (with smart tool usually). Ok, the other region may not have any handle, but the other has. Could we please have a user selectable preference "don't ask - always adjust bounds" please? Or am I missing something?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Default Re: don\'t ask - always adjust bounds

I agree.... more user specific setups would be great. That one included. I hate the 'smart tool', but still am bothered by the adjust bounds

I would love to see more user modified settings.... like a shortcut disable page, and a warning disable page. I would disable SHUFFLE, "Y" Snap to Start of TC(never chasing tape), "N" Insertion Follows PB, also, I dont like Z, X, C, V.... its no harder for me to hold down 'apple' Z to undo, and whenever I use them as solo keys, its by mistake. Sometimes it would be great to disable playback errors... I havent felt the need in HD, but on my 5.1.3 system, I always had random errors every once in a while... if it would just stop playback, without me having to select OK before continuing playback, it would be a lot less embarrassing in front of clients.... fortunately, my HD system hasnt failed me yet.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Re: don\'t ask - always adjust bounds

Quote:
I would disable SHUFFLE, "Y" Snap to Start of TC(never chasing tape)
Definitely. I can't tell you how many times I've been trying to zoom in and accidentally snapped a region to the start of the session. Can be very disorienting!

I agree about the "adjust bounds" warning disable too.