Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2013, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
great to see everyone in such a super mood. Congrats Bill on the big win! Dude, if you are a hippie, you are the most confrontational peace-disrupting hippie in history. Peace maaaaannn
No...I was a hippie but now I'm an adult.

May I suggest you consider the same course?

And why do you think I won anything? I neither won nor lost, but a lot of good people are being hurt by all of this.

Of course, being able to look at things other than in terms of winning or losing requires a little bit more than a sandbox mentality...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-23-2013, 01:51 PM

Bill, Do you own a Control 24 or a ProControl?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
No...I was a hippie but now I'm an adult.

May I suggest you consider the same course?

And why do you think I won anything? I neither won nor lost, but a lot of good people are being hurt by all of this.

Of course, being able to look at things other than in terms of winning or losing requires a little bit more than a sandbox mentality...
spare me the watered-down empathy... and you'll be playing in the sandbox alone because you are obnoxious and confrontational... and a huge buzz kill... but you keep rockin"...

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 07-23-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
What HUI bundle? HUI is just a protocol and a set of hooks that respond to it.

And what makes you say this so-called HUI bundle is different in PT 11? Are you now claiming to have some kind of "insider knowledge" about PT 11 code? If you do have such knowledge, why don't you write a bootleg driver for Control 24.

Uhhh...NO! You have to write a driver in order for the Control 24/Pro Control to transmit the proper commands.

Just like control surface manufacturers have to write a driver in order for their devices to transmit HUI commands.

Try sticking to something you know something about...

Do try to grow up, just a little.
For such a grumpy old man, you really are quite immature.

The HUI bundle is there for all to see. Maybe someone can help you find it, till you loose the antagonistic, childish BS, I'm done with you.

kasper
Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo Orozco View Post
Bill, Do you own a Control 24 or a ProControl?
No.

Now, what difference does that make?

And think very carefully before you respond to that.

I don't own a lot of products, but I am often capable of figuring out what paths their manufacturers will take, what products they will discontinue, etc.

Were I commenting on the operation of the Control 24 or some other aspect of the device itself my ownership would be a relevant point.

But you see, I haven't been talking about the Control 24 other than in the context of its release and EOL dates and some technological and business aspects related to drivers. I haven't stated a belief that it's either a good product or a piece of junk, and that's not relevant either.

I've been talking about Avid...big difference...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-23-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
Do try to grow up, just a little.
For such a grumpy old man, you really are quite immature.

The HUI bundle is there for all to see. Maybe someone can help you find it, till you loose the antagonistic, childish BS, I'm done with you.

kasper
I saw a picture of the Prince and the Duchess and their little bundle, but I don't think they named him "HUI"...

But if you can point out the location of this mysterious "HUI bundle" I'll be happy to take a look at it. But please hurry, I'm leaving for a 6-month around the world cruise in the morning and I'd like to start looking for that "HUI bundle" just as soon as I get back...

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Avid

Come on folks.... no one likes the outcome here but slinging mud back and forth, insulting each other and more doesn't help the situation at all.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 07-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Come on folks.... no one likes the outcome here but slinging mud back and forth, insulting each other and more doesn't help the situation at all.

Marianna
You make HIM stop and I'LL stop!

Just kidding...I'm totally in agreement with leaving it where it is...

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post

Marianna

Maybe a comment from someone in authority at Avid that addresses this issue with more than a "WE killed that product and told you we would" might calm some of the frayed nerves on this 50+ page thread. The fact that this thread has persisted near the top of the PT11 section for three weeks with NO response from Avid is disgraceful....and an indication of how little Avid cares to address this issue.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM

Arrow Re: Control|24 with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus44uk View Post
Maybe a comment from someone in authority at Avid that addresses this issue with more than a "WE killed that product and told you we would" might calm some of the frayed nerves on this 50+ page thread.
The latest official response is on page 55 (10 posts per page).