Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2020

Old 01-22-2021, 11:15 AM

Default Sharing ProTools audio over Zoom on Windows

Hello,

I'm currently a music student having to take music class virtually. Oftentimes, this requires me to share my screen so that my instructor can see my ProTools project. Ideally, I'd like him to be able to hear my project without me having to bounce an mp3 and send it to him. My instructor uses a mac and he has no problem sharing screen and audio through ProTools, but for a PC I can't find any solutions. I obviously have been using the share sound button before sharing my screen. I only have two ASIOs, ASIO4ALL and ASIO Helix (my interface). ProTools won't play audio through ASIO4ALL even if I'm not in Zoom. I wonder if there is a way to loopback audio through the Helix.

Does anyone have some good resources for how to share Protools audio over Zoom?

Sam R.

Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i7-1065G7, 1.30 GHz
12.00 GB RAM
Pro Tools 2020.12
Old 01-22-2021, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Sharing ProTools audio over Zoom on Windows

Voicemeeter has virtual audio cables that can accomplish what you want to do.

Another alternative is an interface with Loopback.

Personally, while I have Loopback capability with TotalMix from RME (I have a UFX), I went with physical cabling:

Onboard soundcard mini stereo out to ¼ jacks into Input 3/4 and a PT stereo track with Input 3/4, set to Input.

Mic comes in to Input 1 and Mono track in PT with Input 1.

Pre Fader Send from the PT track with the mic signal and any other track I want to send to my browser (Zoom is a browser based two way audio app) going to Output 5 and to Output 5 on my interface.

¼ jack cable from output 5 on my Interface to Line In on my onboard soundcard.

In Control Panel>Sound>Recording Tab the Line In is designated as Default (there are some other settings, too detailed for this).

My browser, Microsoft's Edge Chromium, uses the onboard soundcard and all monitoring is done through Pro Tools.

The great thing is, no matter how you accomplish the signal routing from and to your browser into and out of Pro Tools, that routing is good for any of the browser based two way audio apps, like Zoom, Zencastr, Skype, Source-Connect Now or Cleanfeed to name a few. Just make a Template in Pro Tools with the routing done there and you're good to go.
Source-Connect: brucehayward