How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2016, 08:00 PM

Default Disable fader motors on Avid Artist Mix

Howdy fellas,

Is there a way to disable the fader motors of an Avid Artist Mix? I want to be able to write Automation without faders moving, just like on an older SSL desk.

Cheers

Last edited by atticmike; 08-14-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Disable fader motors on Avid Artist Mix

With older firmware: hold shift and press channel 1 solo button. The newer firmware has this function disabled. Instead you can program a soft key for the ProTools Control iPad app or the Artist Control/Transport.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustn View Post
With older firmware: hold shift and press channel 1 solo button. The newer firmware has this function disabled. Instead you can program a soft key for the ProTools Control iPad app or the Artist Control/Transport.
Okay then I can still write automation but the faders won't move? How do I write a soft key for the artist control / transport? Would you be so kind to assist me in this effort? Can't you write a softkey for the artist series mix as well?
Old 08-16-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticmike View Post
Okay then I can still write automation but the faders won't move?
No, you can only turn off the faders completely, then they went down to -inf. You cannot "grab" a parameter value without moving faders. I'm not sure why you would want that?
Soft keys are built in the Eucontrol Software. You can build soft keys for every EUCON controller except for artist mix because this is the only on without any soft key buttons.

Sorry
Old 08-16-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
No, you can only turn off the faders completely, then they went down to -inf. You cannot "grab" a parameter value without moving faders. I'm not sure why you would want that?
Soft keys are built in the Eucontrol Software. You can build soft keys for every EUCON controller except for artist mix because this is the only on without any soft key buttons.

Sorry
I would like to write automation without the faders responding to the automation return, hence just like mixing on an SSL 4000 console.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but if I might suggest a slight correction here:

You can achieve the "faders off" command with the latest firmware, but not the latest version of EuControl software!

I realize what you meant, but for the sake clarity we must make the distinction!

That being said, with EuControl ver. 3.3.1, and the latest firmware... I can still use the Shift + Solo buttons on channel 1 to engage the "faders off" command!

I'm also able to write automation while the "faders off" function is engaged... so even though I've disengaged the fader motors... I can still send data to my DAW from those faders, or knobs!

I should also say that I use Cubase 8.5.20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticmike View Post
Okay then I can still write automation but the
faders won't move?
YES!

Al