Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2014, 03:34 AM

Default DUC Data corruption or SQL code corruption

Hi,

Please look at this thread for an example ...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=360427&page=3

The following issues are happening ...
1) I'm shown as a Moderator ... I'm not,
2) My picture profile has changed to a logo with the word 'QUOTE' in it,
3) My profile picture appears against a post by Wombat ... I'm not him and he's not me.

Something's going on either by way of data corruption in the underlying database, or, perhaps more likely, something has got screwed in the SQL that grabs the data to populate the screen layout.

I say an issue with the SQL is more likely only because I also notice that, at the same time, the buttons at the bottom right of each post (e.g. for 'quote' ... any coincidence? ... is that what appears as my picture in posts now) have changed too.

Or is it a platform specific issue ... I'm viewing on my iPad 3 with latest OS 8.1. But all was well yesterday, and its a few days since I upgraded the OS.
Pro Tools 2020.3, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 10, Logic Pro X 10.4.8, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-12-2014, 04:16 AM

Default Re: DUC Data corruption or SQL code corruption

I'm not seeing any of what you describe. All looks normal here.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:51 AM

Thanks for the input guys.

Using my Mac Pro at the studio, all looks good too.

Interestingly, it's now back to normal on my iPad as well.

Only change is taking it into the studio, which obviously will be refreshing data as it reconnects to another network.

Wish I'd taken a photo of my iPad so you could see it.

Anyway, all's well now.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Cheers,

N
Pro Tools 2020.3, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab Pro 10, Logic Pro X 10.4.8, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-12-2014, 10:46 AM

First guess with these types of things is browser issues...

A lot of folks aren't aware of it, but web pages are actually "assembled" in the browser from "parts" sent by the web server.

Right now, we are in the middle of yet another "standards war". Which means that while Internet Explorer might assemble the parts in one way, Google or Firefox might assemble them in a different way.

For example, when I visit my bank's website with Internet Explorer, some of the graphics elements are misplaced and my "pending transactions" aren't shown at all...but if I use Google, all is well.

Eventually everything will get resolved...for about a week, until somebody busts a standard again...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh