Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-19-2016, 06:01 PM

Default Confused (and a little cranky) with Upgrade Plan

This morning I received an email from Avid (pasted below) telling me my Upgrade Plan had expired. I'm very confused, as I'm certain I'm up to date, as in paid up, and my Upgrade Plan is not due to expire until 31/03/2017.

I have indeed opted NOT to renew the "Annual Plug-ins and Support Plan" that was thrown in for free last year (I don't use any of those plug-ins), but I renewed my Upgrade Plan back in March.

My Application manager says my Upgrade Plan expires on 31/03/2017.
My my.avid.com account says that my Annual Upgrade Plan is active - Time Period: Nov 07, 2014 - to - Mar 31, 2017.

I simply don't get it.

Has anyone else received this email?
And are you as confused as I am?
Am I about to lose the ability to use or update Pro Tools?

Here's the email...
----------------------------------
We Dropped the Ball—Sorry…

As a Pro Tools owner, you have the option to secure all software upgrades for an entire year with a renewable Annual Upgrade Plan. We endeavour to let you know when your plan is coming up for renewal through a variety of ways:
An alert in the software Application Manager
Notification in the customer’s Avid Account (‪my.avid.com‬‬‬‪)‬‬‬‬‬‬
An email reminder to renew their upgrade plan
Unfortunately, you may not have received your reminder and we realise that your plan has now expired. To give you another opportunity to renew for only $165*, we are extending the grace period through May 30, 2016.

Simply log in to your Avid Account or contact your reseller to renew. After this date, the price to reinstate your plan to get the latest version of Pro Tools will go up to $454 (subject to change). So hurry—your grace period is ending soon!

Our apologies again—thank you for your continued support.

Kindest regards,

The Pro Tools team

* Please note that you must activate your renewal plan purchase by end of day on May 30, 2016 to qualify for the $165/year price, which is expressed in Australian dollars, including GST.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Confused (and a little cranky) with Upgrade Plan

As long as your Avid account has the right date I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even the app man gets crazy from time to time but at least for me the page has always the last word.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Confused (and a little cranky) with Upgrade Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
As long as your Avid account has the right date I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even the app man gets crazy from time to time but at least for me the page has always the last word.
I hope so, amagras!