Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Default MBox Pro 3 Connected but not Streaming

Hi guys,

i've encountered a really strange problem, my hardware was just fine til' today!
a couple of days ago I unplugged everything from my iMac since I was moving some stuff (got me a new table everything stands on). After that I just plugged everything back up and didn't use my MBox since then. Today I wanted to open Pro Tools to work on some Projects, so I powered my Mbox up, the lights flashed as usual, I tryed to play a audio file on my desktop - nothing...
I switched it off, turned it back on... nothing. So I opend the MBox Pref Panel to see what is going on, and strangely, everytime I moved one of the faders down they jumped back up. So I opened the ABOUT and it says Package: 1.3.1 Firmeware: NOT_SET

I downloaded the latest Driver, and installed it - here I would have to say I didn't unistall the old one (note: it was the same version because I already had the latest one) AND my MBox was still turned on while installing...
After a short restart, still no change, still no firmware showing, still no sound.
Later I remembered that the MBox Pref Panel somewhere showed a Message if the MBox is streaming or not. Well it doesnt show this info to me, only when I change the view from horizontal to something different. Once changed tho I can change it back, and its also showed in Horizontal view.. strange.

So after retrying to install it a couple of times (and uninstalling it properly everytime) and also trying the older 1.3 driver. I decided to unistall it ALL including Pro Tools.

Note: my iMac is showing the MBox in the Audio section as the selected Audio device for Input and Output.

So after reinstalling Pro Tools and the Mbox driver - still no sound, NOT_SET, Not Streaming. Pro Tools and my iMac are recognizing the MBox and using it. but no sound..

I got a System BackUp on my TimeMachine HDD.. its from before "moving stuff and unplugging everything". I think I'm going to do a ReRoll to that point. Anyway, I got the feeling that this might not do the trick .. sooo, anyone encountered the same problem? The Hardware was not damaged in any kind of way, it was not tossed around or anything nor was my iMac damaged in any kind of way. My Firewire cable is also working as is my FW port on my iMac. any ideas? (Im using osx 10.8.5)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I also repaired the permissions on my disk.. maybe not everytime i tried to reinstall it but I did it a bunch of times
Old 11-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Default Re: MBox Pro 3 Connected but not Streaming

see -> my iMac recognized the MBox Pro but that MBox Pro Pref Panel didnt.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:42 PM

If you are on OSX 10.8.5 then you should try driver version 1.2.2
Old 01-14-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b101 View Post
Hi guys,

So after reinstalling Pro Tools and the Mbox driver - still no sound, NOT_SET, Not Streaming. Pro Tools and my iMac are recognizing the MBox and using it. but no sound..

Don't know if this will help or not, but I have been getting the "Hardware Connected - Not Streaming" as well. I was messing around with my Sound Preferences on my Macbook Pro and checked to make sure that my Output and Input were set to Mbox Pro. They were.

I also noticed that when I was on the "Output" page in preferences the Mbox driver said "Not Streaming" and when I switched over the "Input" page it changed to "Streaming" and I could hear music in my speakers.

Don't know what that's about, but it works now.
Mbox Pro 3
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Macbook Pro Retina 2014
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
2.8 GHz Intel Core i5