Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 05-09-2022, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Carbon - Is there is a way to send Mon L-R to Output 7-8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Hi I run a rescue service for pro-audio equipment and would be happy to have a representative pick up your Carbon interface FREE OF CHARGE TO YOU and we will help find a new forever home for it where it will be well loved and cared for.

I’m happy you guys are audio enthusiasts, but sometimes a workflow is important too and mine is just like that. So I will continue to mistreat and torture my Carbon as described for a long time.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmalvaggio View Post
Yes. Why not. It’s a clean and transparent monitor controller and ergonomic to my setup. I mixed a lot of tracks through it and my clients are happy with their final product. I use Carbon without monitoring section: here in my country it’s not a crime…yet!
I believe for every Central Station I've pulled out of a studio and trashed, an angel gets its wings.
So far there are 6 new angels.

I've got one studio left to gut and that one is getting trashed this year . They are coloured, have low headroom, and mismatch between left/right which affects stereo image (turn the vol pot and watch how the image shifts!) There is also a lot of crosstalk between inputs.
But, no, not a crime yet.
(would be if I was in charge )

The Carbon actually has a good, accurate monitoring section (a feature!) and even a passive speaker switcher would keep the benefits.

But to each their own. Just needling you since I was surprised to see a Central Station in the same room with the Carbon.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmalvaggio View Post
I’m happy you guys are audio enthusiasts, but sometimes a workflow is important too and mine is just like that. So I will continue to mistreat and torture my Carbon as described for a long time.
I guess that's fair, after all you should see what Americans do to pasta .
Old 05-09-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioTalk View Post
Are you not using the DB25 connection?
Yes, and because Monitor L-R is an additional Output for YouTube ETC ..... and using the Dangerous Mon ST would be cool to change it internally... and that can be done thru the speakers outs.... but sadly is not assignable in the Pro Tools I/O .... and because I want Out 1-2 to be the default ITB pro tools Bus Output.

and If I want to use Monitor C (3-4) Pro tools Carbon interrupt output 1-2 ...

so seems that just the TRS cable to XL is the only way to change the Monitor where ever I want
Old 05-10-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
I believe for every Central Station I've pulled out of a studio and trashed, an angel gets its wings.
So far there are 6 new angels.

I've got one studio left to gut and that one is getting trashed this year . They are coloured, have low headroom, and mismatch between left/right which affects stereo image (turn the vol pot and watch how the image shifts!) There is also a lot of crosstalk between inputs.
But, no, not a crime yet.
(would be if I was in charge )

The Carbon actually has a good, accurate monitoring section (a feature!) and even a passive speaker switcher would keep the benefits.

But to each their own. Just needling you since I was surprised to see a Central Station in the same room with the Carbon.
sorry to hijack, but I have a monitor controller question and did not find clues in search. Maybe you could offer an opinion. I am monitoring my Carbon via Martinsound MultiMAX, which I like because I can control trim levels to each set of my three monitor paths (Dynaudio BM15A, Avantone MixCubes, + Home-style Klipsch). Have you seen/done any testing, or have opinion, if MultiMAX is high enough quality signal path to retain best monitoring fidelity from Carbon? Since the MultiMAX It is overkill for me in that it can support surround, I've been thinking of Coleman MP3HMK3 or Dangerousmusic D-Box+. Thoughts on those? Thanks!
Old 05-10-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by table17 View Post
Have you seen/done any testing, or have opinion, if MultiMAX is high enough quality signal path to retain best monitoring fidelity from Carbon? Since the MultiMAX It is overkill for me in that it can support surround, I've been thinking of Coleman MP3HMK3 or Dangerousmusic D-Box+. Thoughts on those? Thanks!
Used a MultiMAX EX for years. Great unit. Very configurable. It's accurate.
My only issue ever with it was that it is unbalanced (at that price level.) But not something to worry about if you are running short distances. (We had rooms with lots of cabling and equipment using these.)
Have used/use the Dangerous Music ST/SR. Also great (and relays for channel matching precision.) Balanced. Only issue is they are a little fragile (need to mind all the cautions written in the manual for powering and plugging cables.) Less configurable/less convenience with configuration than the Martinsound. Almost all the rooms with Central Stations were replaced with Dangerous ST or ST/SR.

Haven't used the DBox+ or Coleman.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I guess that's fair, after all you should see what Americans do to pasta .
You mean that Chinese , alternate to taters ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-11-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
You mean that Chinese , alternate to taters ?
The Italians might have stolen it from the Chinese so the Chinese can do whatever they want. I've not seen any Chinese restaurants (in the USA or China) making cream based carbonara or cream based pesto sauces. The USA use of cream in so many pasta dish drives me crazy. I spent a lot of time working in Europe, used to love visiting Milan (and Barcelona, and Oslo, and Prague, and...).
Old 05-11-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
The Italians might have stolen it from the Chinese so the Chinese can do whatever they want. I've not seen any Chinese restaurants (in the USA or China) making cream based carbonara or cream based pesto sauces. The USA use of cream in so many pasta dish drives me crazy. I spent a lot of time working in Europe, used to love visiting Milan (and Barcelona, and Oslo, and Prague, and...).
The heck you say ? So I am guessing ya don't think Kraft Mac & Cheese isn't authentic either ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 05-12-2022 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I've not seen any Chinese restaurants (in the USA or China) making cream based carbonara or cream based pesto sauces.
Thoroughly OT, but Japanese uni pasta and Korean kimchi (or bulgogi) pasta both can use cream. Not Chinese per se but, treading carefully here due to historical animosities, there are cultural relations.
(And all are delicious)