Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2022, 08:29 AM

Default Re: AIR Hybrid 3 (Monterey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
Thanks for the advice. How strange that a purchase of Hybrid 3 would lock you out of AAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
...It’s an iLok asset. I’m pretty sure if you download the installer from the AiR site and run the AAX version, it will run as expected. ...
A good friend often reminds me:
“Let’s not confuse the issue with facts!”

These days, it all depends on which “package” you buy, as (US $29.99) Hybrid 3 that I mentioned:
https://www.producerspot.com/product/air-hybrid-3
VST & AU only - that's all you'll get on your iLok

Whereas Hybrid 3 ($227.99 AUD/approx. $170 USD) from AIR Music Technology:
https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual...s/hybrid3.html
is AAX, VST & AU
System Requirements
VST (32 bit and 64 bit) qualified for:
All popular hosts supported
AU (64 bit only) qualified for:
Logic Pro X
AAX qualified for:
ProTools 10.3 (32 bit), ProTools 11.x (64 bit), ProTools 12 and ProTools 2020
PC: Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
Mac: Mac OS X 10.10-11.x.; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)

Hybrid 3 Updates
Hybrid 3 Version 2021 Update for PC
Windows 10 performance enhancements
Hybrid 3 Version 2021 Update for Mac
Support for macOS Big Sur
Support for macOS Catalina

Hence my mentioning “wait until the price comes down again” ….

However, for less than the price for Hybrid 3 (AAX/VST/AU) from AIR Music Technology, one can buy for $119 USD:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ....html/overview

Note:
Customers who owned a current AIR Instrument or FX title on or before 4/26/2016 are eligible for the upgrade

**Upgrade for owners of a previous versions of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, the AIEP 3 SELECT or a single AIR Music Technology instrument

($119 USD) AIR AIEP3 Complete Instrument Pack Includes:
Hybrid 3.0 – High-Definition Analog & Wavetable Synth
• Loom – Modular Additive Synthesizer
• Vacuum Pro – Polyphonic Analog Tube Synthesizer
• Structure – Multi-Timbral Sampler Instrument
• Strike – Ultimate Virtual Drummer Instrument
• Velvet – Vintage Electric Piano Instrument
• Transfuser – Melodic & Rhythmic Groove-Creation Instrument
• THE RISER – Synth-based Transition Designer
• DB-33 – Tonewheel Organ Simulator
• MINI GRAND – Acoustic Grand Piano
• Fresh AIR Expansion – Presets for Vacuum Pro
• Flux Transitions Expansion – Presets for theRiser
• AIR Creative FX Collection PLUS – 28 Classic Audio FX
• XPAND!2 – MULTITIMBRAL ALL–IN–ONE WORKSTATION
• D. Ramirez Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Marco Lys Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Mark Knight Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Rene Amesz Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Tocadisco Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3
• Analog Trap Expansion – Presets for Hybrid 3

System Requirements:
• Registered earlier AIEP-version, AIEP 3 Select or at least 1 AIR Music Technology Single Instrument!
• 70GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)

However, check the individual Specs:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...k_3.html/specs
Hybrid 3 is AAX, AU, RTAS, VST
DB-33 and MINI GRAND are AU, VST only (etc.)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 03-26-2022, 10:46 AM

The whole Air Instruments package seems quite confused to me. Why would they sell Mini Grand, Xpand and DB-33 as part of the bundle when they are free with Pro Tools anyway?

Having bought Hybrid once already, I don't fancy paying out again if there is no upgrade path. It is mainly backwards compatibility that was driving the search for it to open old sessions. As unkJE said, best to wait for a reasonable price for now.

I also bought Structure that doesn't appear have any upgrade, but then Loom somehow does. There doesn't appear be any organised approach to this at all.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:52 PM

Monterey .. well on M1 big sur .. Velevet 2.7 Hybid 3 and transfuser hang the start up.. take them out... all good.
same w ableton 10 au vst.. crashes

cant open old projects..
so what ever the f

Air Is a cluster. and ANYONE that goes off on a small dev not responding fast enough.. look at these Billion dollar a wholes... they own Akai and 10 other things.. their info on the site is dogvomit

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 03-26-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifried View Post
Monterey .. well on M1 big sur .. Velevet 2.7 Hybid 3 and transfuser hang the start up.. take them out... all good.
same w ableton 10 au vst.. crashes

cant open old projects..
so what ever the f

Air Is a cluster. and ANYONE that goes off on a small dev not responding fast enough.. look at these Billion dollar a wholes... they own Akai and 10 other things.. their info on the site is dogvomit
The latest/greatest versions of Velvet/Hybrid/Transfuhrer open for me on Monterey, but I'm not on an M1 so that must be the hiccup.

Navigating the minefield of AIR's products can indeed be daunting, and I've had PTSD from dealing with them in previous decades, but I have to say that the guy I dealt with last week (via the common support link on their site) was responsive and helpful and got me squared-away quickly.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:01 AM

It sounds like the best thing to do is move one and find some alternatives.

Installing a new system on Monterey was breeze until I started on virtual instruments. I do love Omnisphere, but that was a painful experience with a 38 hour download on their appalling server. I even had to buy the upgrade via the postal service to receive a piece of cardboard with a number on it!
Old 03-27-2022, 06:42 AM

Quote:
It sounds like the best thing to do is move one and find some alternatives ...

For those who haven't already seen the latest Falcon offer - it surely must be a strong contender:
Avid Falcon crossgrade to full UVI version for $100 includes a $100 voucher!

"Falcon crossgrade for users of Pro Tools - get the full version of Falcon for only $100 (regularly $349) - this deal includes a $100 Voucher!"
This Voucher can only be used for UVI Soundware: https://www.uvi.net/soundware-overview

"As a special way to say thank you for your continued support, we also include the $100 voucher good towards any soundware purchase on uvi.net (voucher code delivered by email after registering your Falcon license).
Each license of Falcon, like all UVI products, can be activated on up to 3 systems concurrently via iLok, and will work in standalone and across all major DAWs (VST, AU, AAX).
UVI provide your personal Falcon voucher code
Code linked to your personal account and valid once at uvi.net for a month."

Submit a request for a “Pro Tools - Falcon AAX Crossgrade” here:
https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/req...=4419126176529

For Windows users who need to move the “.ufs” files to a separate Samples drive, UVI initially default installs the SoundBanks here:
C:\Program Files\UltimateSoundBank\UVISoundBanks
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 03-27-2022, 11:19 PM

Quote:
It sounds like the best thing to do is move one and find some alternatives.

Installing a new system on Monterey was breeze until I started on virtual instruments. I do love Omnisphere, but that was a painful experience with a 38 hour download on their appalling server. I even had to buy the upgrade via the postal service to receive a piece of cardboard with a number on it!
That's a shame about Omni. If you previously owned Omni and were trying to move it then it should have been a simple matter of changing a Steam alias. Spectrasonic's site has the detailed instructions and it's pretty easy.

If you're new to Omnisphere, there's still a download option.

And if you owned Omni previously but needed to redownload all the data, I believe that costs $10.
Old 03-28-2022, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
That's a shame about Omni. If you previously owned Omni and were trying to move it then it should have been a simple matter of changing a Steam alias. Spectrasonic's site has the detailed instructions and it's pretty easy.

If you're new to Omnisphere, there's still a download option.

And if you owned Omni previously but needed to redownload all the data, I believe that costs $10.
This was an upgrade from version 1 to 2 and I have seen posts elsewhere claiming similar download speeds, so I guess it is throttled. You are warned that it is one download per purchase and to back up the install. Great sounds though!
Old 03-28-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
...I have seen posts elsewhere claiming similar download speeds, so I guess it is throttled.
Maybe it's throttled for the full download, but I grab updates from their servers quite often and they fly. Some of the quicker downloads in fact. 38 hours is just excruciatingly bad. I'd love to know what happened there.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Maybe it's throttled for the full download, but I grab updates from their servers quite often and they fly. Some of the quicker downloads in fact. 38 hours is just excruciatingly bad. I'd love to know what happened there.
The download is around 60GB Eric, so that is obviously a factor. However, the average speed seemed to be well un 1Mb when my connection is 59Mb. Maybe it is intentional to allow many people to use it at the same time?

The real sweat is that it announces you are only allowed one download and the connection regularly disconnects. It is not a cheap update, so it puts you on edge.

They should either invest in better IT, or send it on a cheap USB stick being as it already comes in the post.