Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-25-2020, 01:14 PM

Default Latest Recommendation for Eucon Network Setup

See on various posts recommendations for a 5 G unmanaged switch, a higher level gaming router, dynamic IP or static IP etc.

I dont have a networking problem to present I would just like to have the most stable, reliable network setup for my S1 and Dock with my Mac.

I have a fairly straightforward setup - whats the ideal setup? - I don't mind buying stuff/configuring with new instructions etc

My current setup:

Dock and S1 with two current iPads

2013 Macbook Pro TB into Apple TB Cinema Display

Ethernet cable from Ethernet Port from Apple TB Cinema Display to Unmanaged Switch -D-Link Ethernet Switch, 5 Port Unmanaged Gigabit

Ethernet cables from Switch four remaining ports to Dock and S1 and to each iPad using apple Camera kit and usb ethernet adapter.

Display Ethernet has self assigned IP using DHCP

My setup is at home and I have wifi set up with Google Home Wifi wireless router but I do not use wifi for my Eucon setup so hopefully its snappier with all wired connections.

Is there an even more stable solution than this - static IP, router instead of switch etc that is recommended?
Old 02-26-2020, 07:26 AM
Avid

Default Re: Latest Recommendation for Eucon Network Setup

This setup (All EUCON on same network) is good. Are you having any issues ?
Old 02-26-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This setup (All EUCON on same network) is good. Are you having any issues ?
No not in any relation to network - I just see recommendations on this forum about manual IP setup as opposed to dynamic and also gaming level routers as opposed to my 5G unmanaged switch and would like to have the optimal recommended setup.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:49 AM
Avid

If you have a reasonable router or direct connection (setup right) things are good. There are many reasons why it can go bad so trying Static IP's and a new router are all trouble shooting tips and not needed if things are working.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
If you have a reasonable router or direct connection (setup right) things are good. There are many reasons why it can go bad so trying Static IP's and a new router are all trouble shooting tips and not needed if things are working.
Ok thanks for that guidance - I will stick with 5G unmanaged switch (not a router) and DHCP (not static IP).