Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-20-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Empty Bounces / No CD Audio

Im running LE 5.2 on OS 9.2

I ran into a weird error today which I cant quite understand.
Normally I mix in the computer and use outputs 1 and 2 to monitor, I bounce to disk and burn in toast no problems.

So recently I have started using optical 7-8 to monitor my live takes so I can hear my tweaks as its going into protools. It just so happens i left it on those outputs to mix. So I bounce to disk fine and I hear it playing as it bounces, but when I load it into toast and play it its blank, the full length of the song but no audio, even if I burn it, its empty.

It makes no sense to me because its playing as it bounces so one would assume its bouncing correctly. And once it is a file on the HD it should matter what output its on now since its just a file.

So I wound up fixing the problem by putting the outputs back on 1-2 in my mastering session and it works fine.

But I would like to know the cause of this problem and if I can make it work on optical outputs 7-8

ps the odd thing is I bounced the file from the main mix to master and then reimported into pro-tools and the audio was there. So I dont know if it is my bounce settings or something with toast.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Empty Bounces / No CD Audio

It is your bounce settings. I forget the exact name, but on the Bounce dialogue screen (where you choose the sample rate/bit depth/etc..) there is an option to pick which pair of outputs to use for the bounce. I'm assuming this option defaults to outputs 1-2. Change it to what you were monitoring through, 7-8, and then the track will bounce through outputs 7-8. Hope this helps.

M
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 AM

It is your bounce settings. I forget the exact name, but on the Bounce dialogue screen (where you choose the sample rate/bit depth/etc..) there is an option to pick which pair of outputs to use for the bounce. I'm assuming this option defaults to outputs 1-2. Change it to what you were monitoring through, 7-8, and then the track will bounce through outputs 7-8. Hope this helps.

M
Old 12-22-2006, 05:49 AM

By default the "bounce using outputs" is automatically the outputs everything is on, although I MAY not have even checked when I did, although I would assume if I bounced using different outputs I wouldnt even hear the bounce as it bounced down.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:09 AM

Are you using an 002R? On mine, 1-8 are analog outputs. 9-16 are ADAT, and 17/18 are s/pdif (optical or rca).

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.